Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween Beers (Saturday 23rd Oct) venue: The Globe 8.30pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sub Lounge is right underneath Tara Street train station chief. You walk out, turn right and go down the alley, I think. :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Sublounge won't let us reserve an area though. Apparently they're 'all booked up.'

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Had great craic at the one last year, I will try and make it again this time if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Didn't we have a booking for Sub Lounge once before and when we turned up tehy didn't have any knowledge of it?

Don't think I'll make it if it's on Haloween night. I'll be doing filmy work that day and chances are there will be a huge party within walking distance of my house.

edit: FWIW, last years Haloween Beers was seriously brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I should be there but the main part of my "costume" will not make it in time.
    Shall you be in attendance? Shall you have an epic costume like last year?

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Didn't we have a booking for Sub Lounge once before and when we turned up tehy didn't have any knowledge of it?

Don't think I'll make it if it's on Haloween night. I'll be doing filmy work that day and chances are there will be a huge party within walking distance of my house.

edit: FWIW, last years Haloween Beers was seriously brilliant

It's on the 23rd it seems. Halloween doesn't suit a lot of people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Filming on the 23rd and 24th too.. I'll see what i Can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Sub Lounge is right underneath Tara Street train station chief. You walk out, turn right and go down the alley, I think. :confused: :pac:

Oh, I actually have been there. Decent enough spot if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I'll change the thread title so people get when its on. Can people suggest a few venues we've been to before (and links to contact details if possible) i'm mobile now,but will sit down and call places tomorrow if ye provide me some names. I'll try that Globe place first that shell suggested. Comfy couches sound good :)

Doyles is always an option :) Music for every Noc's taste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh Dekipops, you the jivest turkey about :)

In other news, I accidentally found myself in a boards CAFC beers. I wonder will our beer be like that one?
    Exactly! I was there for ages going "Why am I seating in an area reserved for CAFC? What the **** is CAFC?" ... and then I eventually got it out of someone. There were a lot of novelty t-shirts on show. Do I need to buy a novelty t-shirt before the nocs beers?

Were you there on Friday????????????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I was asked by ToniTuddle to drop into the CAFC beers... I'm assuming it stands for Charlton Athletic Football Club.....

Yeah but you never did and I was sad :(

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

It's not ideal but TP Smiths had the beers the last two years... They're one place we've always been able to rely on

Had great craic at the one last year, I will try and make it again this time if I can.

Awww noooo not you again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Awww noooo not you again :p

I am looking at a blue and a red braclet. I rawk :P

I am looking at a blue and a red braclet. I rawk :P

It's actually green not blue ye fart :p
    Keep hold of it for now but I want it back at some stage.
    My bracelets are all over Galway and the general west and north west of Ireland. Didn't get one back!

Turns out my money may be very tight over next few weeks so not 100% sure I can make it down for this :/

Who all is gonna dress up then so?? :pac:

Doyles is always an option :) Music for every Noc's taste

Hmmmm, not that I'd dictate to people, but something happened to my mate there on Sat night that has ensured that I'll never step foot in that place! :mad: And it's owned by my mother's cousin FFS. :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I'll say one thing about the Globe - it's not a traditional noccy-type place. It's a busy bar with a mixed clientele that plays mainstream, current, indie-type music. However, the place with the couches is slightly away from the music, it's easy to chat, and it's away from the bar so there's no through-traffic. Personally, I think it'd be perfect if we could get it, but I know others will probably hate it. It's hard to please everyone, that's the thing :/

shellyboo wrote: »
    I'll say one thing about the Globe - it's not a traditional noccy-type place. It's a busy bar with a mixed clientele that plays mainstream, current, indie-type music. However, the place with the couches is slightly away from the music, it's easy to chat, and it's away from the bar so there's no through-traffic. Personally, I think it'd be perfect if we could get it, but I know others will probably hate it. It's hard to please everyone, that's the thing :/
    *shakes fist*
    they'll attend and they'll like it by god!
    :pac:
    pm me le details?

Were you there on Friday????????????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Yes I was, how odd. Were you one of the few girls surrounded by the many guys in novelty t-shirts? :)
    Hmmmm, not that I'd dictate to people, but something happened to my mate there on Sat night that has ensured that I'll never step foot in that place! :mad: And it's owned by my mother's cousin FFS. :pac: :P

I never thought it could be a place to cause such a response, always seems a bit relaxed in a way.

I never thought it could be a place to cause such a response, always seems a bit relaxed in a way.

That's what I thought too until I heard about the thuggish behaviour of certain individuals that work for the place. :pac:

• Advertisement

That's what I thought too until I heard about the thuggish behaviour of certain individuals that work for the place. :pac:

Ah, nothing worse to taint the name of a venue. I've two on my list that I'll never return to because of rude security.

Yes I was, how odd. Were you one of the few girls surrounded by the many guys in novelty t-shirts? :)

Were alot of the guys wearing novelty t-shirts?? I missed that :pac:

Were ye the dude with glasses and cap on ya with blondey hair?

Were alot of the guys wearing novelty t-shirts?? I missed that :pac:

Were ye the dude with glasses and cap on ya with blondey hair?

Ah, there was a higher percentage of novelty t-shirts than usual. At the start I thought it was some sort of Trinity sci-fi soc thing, and then it all made sense.

Nope, I don't think I had glasses on... it's been a long weekend, I don't think I can remember what I wore. Sure there's probably a pic of me in the know your nocs bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm thinking of going as American McGee's Alice.
    Anyone want to go as the Mad Hatter/Cheshire Cat? :pac:

/me hefts knife

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

you should ask peader kearneys on dame street, they gave me the downstairs for when i ran a comedy club that one time (it wont be the only but at the moment it was the one)....i should make it too!

you should ask peader kearneys on dame street, they gave me the downstairs for when i ran a comedy club that one time (it wont be the only but at the moment it was the one)....i should make it too!

The place where everyone goes when they're barred from everywhere else in town?! The term Badgers Arse comes to mind.

As someone who hasnt a clue about bars in Dublin, that sounds a lil worrying if true.
    Can we have the night off with the protectioning? :)

i emailed the globe, couldnt get through on the phones, will try again tomorrow if they havent replied

Globe booked :) just waiting on a time confirmation.

Awesome! Thank you!

• Advertisement

Nerin wrote: »
    Globe booked :) just waiting on a time confirmation.

Super convenient! Plus the reserved back area means I can casually stroll in and if I'm too scared I can just do a u-turn and get some Apache. :)

Advertisement