Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long did it take you to perfect your roll?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

So I've moved onto rolling practice now. We did an hour in the pool last week and towards the end I got two rolls completed. I thought I was the cheese till I tried to do one in a H3 on Sunday. The polo boats make it a bit easier due to their slim body. My problem at the moment is my left arm which I keep pushing away from my body as the right arm does the arc.

More training tonight, but how long did it take you?

Ps - feel free to share some tips!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Time to start playboating! The only surefire way to a very snappy roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

+1

Best advice you'll get.

Even playboat your H3.... You'll get sick of swimming and end up hanging in there until you roll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

yomchi wrote: »
    So I've moved onto rolling practice now. We did an hour in the pool last week and towards the end I got two rolls completed. I thought I was the cheese till I tried to do one in a H3 on Sunday. The polo boats make it a bit easier due to their slim body. My problem at the moment is my left arm which I keep pushing away from my body as the right arm does the arc.

More training tonight, but how long did it take you?

Ps - feel free to share some tips!

Wow well done for being able to nail it in one session, that is very impressive! I took ages to learn, but then again I was an exceptionally nervous paddler. Surfing was what really helped me, as you capsize loads and it's a right pain having to swim to shore and empty your boat so often.

As for tips, watch some youtube vids and practice lots! Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Got six more out in a playboat last night so pretty chuffed with that. Off to the boyne on Sunday I'd doubt they'll come out so nicely in moving water, but we'll see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

I guess you're right! I'll have to come out of the comfort zone in order to get them right everytime :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

took me ages to even get a roll, which is a long long way from perfect yet . . but i dont really practie much, so its to be expected!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dubes

you have perfected your roll if u can roll a k1!!

Advertisement