Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forge idea

• 30-09-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, i was just thinking that it might be a good idea if people on here could make some forge maps and then have some boards competitions or stuff like that on 'boards only maps'. If we designed them and then all downloaded the same ones.....just an idea.....
    I've just started getting to grips with forge but im sure more of you have probably made your own maps already.maybe an idea to post them here once they are done

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I'd be up for this. 'Tis a good idea.
    Have you made any yourself so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

CORaven wrote: »
    I'd be up for this. 'Tis a good idea.
    Have you made any yourself so far?

no not yet, i actually only got reach yesterday, iv been playing around with forge today and how to use it etc and got the idea. i plan on starting some soon and see how they go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I'm in the middle of trying to make one as I haven't seen the Idea attempted yet but damn it I do suck at these kinds of things! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Its crap the way you can only have 2 grids at once! I wanted to make a four player infinite jet pack and rocket launcher game over the ocean!

Also i can't seem to get the "out of area" things to work! You can just fly through them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Im up for this idea yea ..
    i have a suggestion .. if we use this thread to set up games / testing nights and post the forge maps to this thread.

It will leave the maps easy to find..

I have another map to go up tonight...

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    if we use this thread to set up games / testing nights and post the forge maps to this thread.

i think this is a good idea, so if a crowd of us download your tower map, for example, and play a few games of it tonight, or whenever we arrange, if possible and then we can post some feedback here.

i think this is a good idea, so if a crowd of us download your tower map, for example, and play a few games of it tonight, or whenever we arrange, if possible and then we can post some feedback here.

yea something along those lines.

The tower map is basically pinnacle. with some tiny alterations. tower of power is good fun if youve got a load of people, because the battles for control of the tower can get pretty insane...

OK so how about this...

We use CORavens Thread for intiial forge testing and feedback.

This thread for setting up forge nights/games/testing sessions.

And This thread for completed maps and gametypes.

?
    :cool::pac:

Also... Add me lads...

Gamertag: Korvanica

how about just using this thread for arranging and testing games and then the other one for completed maps, it will start getting very complicated with 3 different threads.

Advertisement