Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emails and wifi on Blackberry

Options
  • 30-09-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

I have tried, and failed, to set either wifi or emails up on my blackberry. WiFi just doesn't work, but I have not really experimented with settings to be honest.
    However, when I attempt to set up emails it repeatedly tells me there is a mismatch in the password or username. I have looked at posts here on similar topics and tried variations of username including @mail.dcu.ie part, and the username I use for my portal and my original password and my new password, etc. Does anyone else have similar experience with this and know how to get it working?

As a short term measure I have set up a phantom gmail account and am forwarding dcu mail onto that and getting them on the phone that way, but this way has its limitations and I would prefer to get them direct if it is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

have you changed the proxy settings?

go look up DCU proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

Im familiar with proxy's alright (to an extent), but do we need them simply to get push emails onto my phone?

(funnily enough I don't seem to need to use a proxy to access the wifi on campus with my laptop, or else the auto detect setting is actually working for once) :)

Advertisement