Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Router settings

Options
  • 30-09-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

This is a repeat post also posted in the Broadband section, appologies in advance if this is not allowed! I figured this may be a better section to get the exact answer I need.

I have a home server (WHS v1) and a CCTV system and one or both require me to set the Modem to "Bridging Mode". So.....

1) Can anyone post a step by step guide for setting the eircom router into bridging mode? I have the newer supplied Xytel modem. Server has 2 x NIC's Also Will it matter if or where I plug in the Server and the CCTV Recorder? ADSL Modem, Router or Switch. I allso assume that the ADSL Router will be the DHCP, is this correct?

2) Secondly I have from old a DIR-855 dual band Router and I was thinking of getting a straight forward ADSL Modem and connecting the DIR-855 to it (via the WAN port) thus using the DIR-855 dual band N flavoured Wifi. Any recomentdations for a DSL Modem. If I did this option and still required the "Bridge Mode" settings which would need to be set to Bridge mode, the Modem or the Router?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement