Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to University Course

Options
  • 30-09-2010 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Applications for UL's Access course have begun and was just wondering has anyone hear been through the application process and/or completed it in the past because i'm thinking of throwing my name in.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Couple on my course this year did the access course last year, Depends on how confidant you are in your subject matter you might be able to launch straight in to a degree course.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Hi Just wondering what are the age restriction for this course are? I am thinking of applying..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I definately would. Such an amazing time and opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

I did the Access Programme!

It's a great way to get into the course you want and ease your way in! :-) And you'll meet a great bunch of people as well.

regarding the age - it's the same as if you were entering college through the CAO - ordinary Undergraduate Students and Mature students (23 yrs +) . I know the year I did this course, which is about 4 years ago now, that there was 30 of us and think there was only three mature students.

I did the Access Programme!

It's a great way to get into the course you want and ease your way in! :-) And you'll meet a great bunch of people as well.

regarding the age - it's the same as if you were entering college through the CAO - ordinary Undergraduate Students and Mature students (23 yrs +) . I know the year I did this course, which is about 4 years ago now, that there was 30 of us and think there was only three mature students.

Was it the 13 week access course you did that is on the access Website? there seems to be an age restriction for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

Was it the 13 week access course you did that is on the access Website? there seems to be an age restriction for it

Yep the 13 week course! maybe there was an age restriction to 25 or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 klang

You've gotta be under 22 on January 1st 2011 to be eligible

klang wrote: »
    You've gotta be under 22 on January 1st 2011 to be eligible

Yeah that is what I saw on the website aswell.. So I guess that rules me out of applying as I am 22 already:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Yeah that is what I saw on the website aswell.. So I guess that rules me out of applying as I am 22 already:mad:

but you can apply for a lot more grant's/ back to school allowance as a mature student since you are over 22 on that date

mayo_lad wrote: »
    but you can apply for a lot more grant's/ back to school allowance as a mature student since you are over 22 on that date

Yeah but I am not eligible to apply as a mature student til september 2012 so that was the reason I was interested in the access course as I could apply to get into college rather than waiting 2 years to be classed as a mature student.

• Advertisement
Advertisement