Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old habits die hard.....

Options
  • 30-09-2010 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

I thought this only happened in the Tiger days...

I arranged to meet an estate agent this evening at half 6 (from one of the independent estate agents in D6). So I arrive at 20 past and had a look around. 20 to 7 arrived and no sign... So I ring her and leave a message. 10 to 7 and still no sign so I ring again and this time I get through... "Mary (let's say), it's (me) , I'm outside X are you on the way?" "you were supposed to meet me yesterday..." "Mary , you emailed me last week and said half 6 on Thursday, are you telling me you won't be meeting me " "Oh, I'm very sorry I thought it was Wednesday " ...." no it wasn't I think we'll leave it at that"..... I was fuming.... It's not as if I have enough to be at..... It's no wonder I hate estate agents..... Muppets <rant over still annoyed>....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

I totally agree with you! we went to look at some developments in Adamstown last weekend at the estate agents in each show house did not even know what the maintenance costs are - they refereed us back to the main selling office....Surely if you are there to show people around an apartment you should know all the facts!! I do agree that these guys do seem to be still in Celtic Tiger era.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

exactly why I always advocate soembody to sell themselves. EA's in general are lazy unskilled poor excuses for sales people. Why would you pay somebody like that to do something you can do yourself.

Step if I were you Id call into the house and let the owners know what a joke their EA is, they deserve to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

stepbar wrote: »
    I thought this only happened in the Tiger days...

Nope. Most EAs have not changed attitudes at all. About a year ago I was looking for a new place to rent, the EA arranged a viewing for 3 couples to see it at the same time :rolleyes: (because it would obviously be too much work to space the viewings like 15 minutes apart? The days of queues of people arriving to see a place were long gone by that point anyway). A month and a half later, the place was still empty...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I do agree that most are a dishonest and conniving bunch who are not at all good at their job. Often they are unable to answer what one would consider basic questions. They might at best tell you they will find out for you and quite often don't revert back to you at all. Thats just my general experience of estate agents but am sure there are a few good ones out there too.

I think not keeping appointments and being late for them is very much an Irish thing though. Not just taking 5 to 10 minutes late. The amount of times I 've being left waiting around for well over half an hour I've lost count.

Not sure what the link to a blogger thing that some poster posted has got to do with anything being discussed....maybe I'm a bit slow in the uptake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There is a forum specifically for ranting and raving- which I know we all need to do at times, here on boards-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1193

This thread and similar are better suited to that venue.

Shane

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement