Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Hotels or b&bs

Options
  • 30-09-2010 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

My son and I are going to the mercy hospital in cork in october. Are there any good recommendations for a hotel or b&b with parking and within walking distance to the Hospital, thanks Ger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

http://www.blarneystoneguesthouse.ie/

Close enough to the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jhags

If it helps, I am staying at the River Lee right now, and it is a FANTASTIC hotel. I have been on business travel all over the world, and so far this is one of my favorite hotels.

http://www.blarneystoneguesthouse.ie/

Close enough to the hospital.

Fantastic spot
    jhags wrote: »
    If it helps, I am staying at the River Lee right now, and it is a FANTASTIC hotel. I have been on business travel all over the world, and so far this is one of my favorite hotels.

The gym is class in that hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

What is your budget?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭1squidge

Ok Thanks for the replys. I have booked the blarneystone guesthouse as this seemed to be perfect for our needs. Thanks Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Report back on how you find your stay. I've never stayed there myself but one of the lads stayed there for the first week when he first moved to Cork & thought it was good. Based on that I made the recommendation.
    It's very hard to recommend a place in your home town as you rarely need accommodation so close to home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭1squidge

Hi, I stayed in the Blarneystone guesthouse and it was ideal. The owner Angela was very nice and friendly. The room was a twin single room. It was clean and comfortable. It had an ensuite, shower, sat television, also tea and coffee available in the room. The dining room was spotless and the Breakfast was excellent. There was onsite parking and I was able to leave my car there while my son and I went on the short walk to the Mercy Hospital. Price was reasonable and would definitely recommend.Ger.

Advertisement