Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

few questions

Options
  • 30-09-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hi.using my other halfs username.few questions.

1.im currently installing dimmer switches and when i screwed them to the wall there seems to be a buzzing sound.nothing too loud,just slightly.is this normal? ta

2.im changing a phone point and the terminals that are being used are labeled A and B.there are terminals 1 to 6 on the new one and i dont know which to use?

Ta for the response

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

1 } Yes the buzzing is normal in a dimmer
    2 }If there is a green and a red terminal on new point use these

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

pump it wrote: »
    hi.using my other halfs username.few questions.

1.im currently installing dimmer switches and when i screwed them to the wall there seems to be a buzzing sound.nothing too loud,just slightly.is this normal? ta

2.im changing a phone point and the terminals that are being used are labeled A and B.there are terminals 1 to 6 on the new one and i dont know which to use?

Ta for the response

1. Nornal
    2. Probably the two centre terminals (without seeing the telephone socket) probably 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pump it

ta for the replies.just 1 more.the customer wants an extra socket installed.i will be tapping in from another cct.the socket i will be tapping off isint end of line if ya get my drift,it loops on to another.what is my procedure for putting an extra one in?
    a spur?

ta

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

No offense intend Pump it but if you have to ask questions such as the last one you are putting your customer's lives and property at risk! You could land yourself in alot of trouble. When you are dealing with mains voltage it is best to employ the services of a qualified electrician and preferably a registered electrical contractor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

BTW it is best not to spur off a socket circuit. No more than 10 double sockets are permitted per radial socket circuit and this circuit should not supply more than 2 rooms (a hall does not count as a room).

• Advertisement
Advertisement