Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pub suggestions for Dublin - fairly urgent

• 30-09-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Hi. Sorry if this isn't the right forum but I posted in the Dublin forum and got no answer. As this forum is all things beer I thought I might have better luck here!

I'm bringing my younger brother to Dublin this Saturday for his stag. The poor lad has never been out in Dublin before. There are 10 of us and we're quiet enough so looking for some bars that offer good beer as well as somewhere to watch the rugby match, Munster v Leinster. We'll be in and around the Grafton St./Temple Bar area.

I'm bringing him to the Porterhouse for a few anyway to sample their wares. Any other suggestions for good pubs in the area? Also we're looking for a late bar that would have some live music, cover bands and the like, rather than going to a night club. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Break for the Border can be good for wacthing a match, they've turned it into a sports bar and have loads of screens, they'd usually have the rugby on.

Bull and Castle for a good selection of beer, at the end of Dame Street.

Not sure about places with a band, Whelans maybe? Never been there myself though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The Bernard Shaw South Richmond Street can be good too and buckfat cocktails too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Thank you kindly for the suggestions. My friend's band is playing in Whelans actually but it's €18 in and they play heavy metal! No thank you. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Hi. Sorry if this isn't the right forum but I posted in the Dublin forum and got no answer. As this forum is all things beer I thought I might have better luck here!

I'm bringing my younger brother to Dublin this Saturday for his stag. The poor lad has never been out in Dublin before. There are 10 of us and we're quiet enough so looking for some bars that offer good beer as well as somewhere to watch the rugby match, Munster v Leinster. We'll be in and around the Grafton St./Temple Bar area.

I'm bringing him to the Porterhouse for a few anyway to sample their wares. Any other suggestions for good pubs in the area? Also we're looking for a late bar that would have some live music, cover bands and the like, rather than going to a night club. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Quay's Bar (Temple Bar) is usually good for live music. Always busy and no cover charge.

http://www.dublinpubs.ie/pub.asp?id=557

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

be careful though - groups of 10 people ....bouncers might stop you and potentially ruin your night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

the Duke on duke st might be good watched rugby there a couple of times

you could get the 10 out to donnybrook and go to kielys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The mercantile on dame for the rubgy and the stags head is a nice pub just behind it when you're finished.

Temple bar is good for music but the prices can get quite high on a saturday night so be careful.

Advertisement