Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nice evening

Options
  • 30-09-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

We're planning on spending a night in a hotel on the 11th October, it's something of a special occasion, but we don't have a whole lot of money.

I was hoping someone could suggest a nice hotel, in the city centre, and a restaurant (can be in the hotel or close by).

We do like the Eliza lodge because the penthouse rooms are affordable, and have nice views, but beyond that it's nothing special. We might book here again, unless you can suggest better. Budget for the room would be about 150.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Hey OP 150 for two? or 150 each?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

For the two of us, but we'd prob be able to go to 200. I know it's a crappy budget but it's all we can manage atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Whispered wrote: »
    For the two of us, but we'd prob be able to go to 200. I know it's a crappy budget but it's all we can manage atm.

Nah its not at all crappy budget,its the hotels that are crappy.:mad:

How about the Belvedere One of the best located Dublin City hotels, in the heart of Georgian Dublin north city centre, The Belvedere is only a two minute walk to O´Connell Street and all Dublin city centre attractions including the IFSC, Eastpoint Business Park, Croke Park, the 02, James Joyce Centre, Irish Writers Museum, Temple Bar, Jervis Centre, Ilac Centre and Henry Street shopping areas and cinemas, making this one of the most conveneintly located hotels in Dublin.

http://www.belvederehoteldublin.com/location.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Hi Whispered. You could get an apartment for the night (or two) on www.staydublin.com, handy if you're on a budget (like I am a lot in strange cities!), you can have a bottle of vino in the room. Otherwise try www.d4hotels.ie there should be good deals.

Regarding food, there are amazing early bird/pre theatre meals going on at the moment. I see that you are a veggie. Sorry to hear that, my condolences :p. Try www.cornucopia.ie... supposed to be the best at "cooking" that type of food.

Good cheap tapas can be got in Market Bar on Fade st. (Georges st.) with a lively atmosphere, for a more romantic setting you could try the Porthouse on South William St. Both very reasonable and no hidden surprises. Hang on to the menu, order as you go, or till you are full!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

With a budget of E200 you should be able to stay in nearly any hotel in Dublin! The five-star Fitzwilliam overlooking St Stephen's Green has rooms from E175 that night, the Merrion Hotel is E199, so is the Four Seasons. Given it's a special occasion, for dinner restaurants could include Dylan McGrath's new restaurant Rustic Stone (mixed reviews but plenty of veggie options), L'Gueleton is good but limited in veggie options, The Exchequer is solid, Pichet's very good. on the green itself, Peploes and La Mere Zou are good and of course check out Boards Deals for restaurant voucher specials 50% off in many case. some of the places mentioned in other posts aren't in any way romantic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Regarding food, there are amazing early bird/pre theatre meals going on at the moment. I see that you are a veggie. Sorry to hear that, my condolences :p. Try www.cornucopia.ie... supposed to be the best at "cooking" that type of food.

Good cheap tapas can be got in Market Bar on Fade st. (Georges st.) with a lively atmosphere, for a more romantic setting you could try the Porthouse on South William St. Both very reasonable and no hidden surprises. Hang on to the menu, order as you go, or till you are full!
    Thanks John thanks for the condolences :p the OH is not veggie so cornucopia is not really an option, but tapas sound like a great idea.
    jdivision wrote: »
    With a budget of E200 you should be able to stay in nearly any hotel in Dublin! The five-star Fitzwilliam overlooking St Stephen's Green has rooms from E175 that night, the Merrion Hotel is E199, so is the Four Seasons. Given it's a special occasion, for dinner restaurants could include Dylan McGrath's new restaurant Rustic Stone (mixed reviews but plenty of veggie options), L'Gueleton is good but limited in veggie options, The Exchequer is solid, Pichet's very good. on the green itself, Peploes and La Mere Zou are good and of course check out Boards Deals for restaurant voucher specials 50% off in many case. some of the places mentioned in other posts aren't in any way romantic.
    Thanks a million - I'll hve a look at those places later on.

Thanks for all your help.

Advertisement