Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs Vs Villa match thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Not long back from the game. It was a real ding-dong game. Both halves seemed to fly which is a good indicator. VDV was obviously outstanding. Thought that Hudd did fine at centre-back and Bassong was really good - except of course for their goal. Modric was quiet and Bale was not as busy as usual. Crouch did really well - he is starting to grow on me (just drives me mad as a traditionalist when Dawson and Crouch are on the same team and Daws just hoofs it up to him). I thought that Lennon blew hot and cold - some great moves but some not so good - it will take a while yet before he is back to his best but we do miss the width when he is not playing

On a final note, isn't the slow version of The Spurs Go Marching In outstanding. Makes us different to all of the rest - until they start copying it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

@WHL or anyone that was there was Villa's tackling as bad as it looked on tv? I thought they got away with murder especially in the first half but nobody else has mentioned it so I figure maybe it was my view?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Seillejet wrote: »
    VDV was excellent today. He has created a fantastic buzz about the place, a little like when Klinsmann first came to the lane. Dont know about his GILF fetish though :D

Just saw that on Goals On Sunday - LOL He's a legend. No hiding it like Rooney :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

@WHL or anyone that was there was Villa's tackling as bad as it looked on tv? I thought they got away with murder especially in the first half but nobody else has mentioned it so I figure maybe it was my view?

Didn't think they were especially filthy, but Collins should have seen red for the tackle on Lennon IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Didn't think they were especially filthy, but Collins should have seen red for the tackle on Lennon IMHO.

Im not sure, it was more a kick than anything else, was particularly dirty I didn't think.

Obvious to see that crouch and pav dont suit eachother, and that 442 is in the passed. We need to start varying our play now that we have such a top player in vdv. 4231/433 looks like it could be the way to go. VDV has to be in the game as much as possible from now on, so if that means playing to suit him, then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think when Defoe is back and hopefully on form we could do well with a 4-4-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

ziedth wrote: »
    I think when Defoe is back and hopefully on form we could do well with a 4-4-2.

Defoe does well with Crouch in a 442, but to get the best from vdv from what I have seen, he is best behind 1 striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

VDV sold Dunne some dummy for the second goal,pure class !

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I agree with therecklessone here. Nobody was jumping up and down shouting at the tackling except for the Lennon one - that should have been a red card on the basis of denying a goalscoring opportunity. Mind you it might be that nobody got excited because that had all been watching the Carl Henry incident before they came out - you should have heard the Oooh in the Irish club each time they showed that :)

Advertisement