Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's celebrity death effected you the most? t?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Heinrich Himmler..i just cant believe he's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Degsy wrote: »
    Heinrich Himmler..i just cant believe he's gone.

I'd coffee with him in Buenos Aires only last summer - I'm shocked :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Ronnie Drew... even though I'd heard he'd been it, it was still a shock.

I think it was because that was around the time I'd really got into The Dubliners, and it was the sudden realisation I'd never be able to see him live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

brummytom wrote: »
    Ronnie Drew... even though I'd heard he'd been it, it was still a shock.

I think it was because that was around the time I'd really got into The Dubliners, and it was the sudden realisation I'd never be able to see him live.

Saw him driving out of a car park one day.
    Ashtray was overflowing with cigarette butts, the passenger footwell was full of butts and he was smoking a fag..........he looked happy with himself though!!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Saw him driving out of a car park one day.
    Ashtray was overflowing with cigarette butts, the passenger footwell was full of butts and he was smoking a fag..........he looked happy with himself though!!

That man could drink too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Frank Grimes.

He achieved so much in a hard life,and had it cruelly taken away from him in an electrical accident,still haunts me to this day.

Frank Grimes.

He achieved so much in a hard life,and had it cruelly taken away from him in an electrical accident,still haunts me to this day.

It wasnt an accident,the man was showboating in front of his co-workers..Grimey got what he deserved IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

None of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Degsy wrote: »
    It wasnt an accident,the man was showboating in front of his co-workers..Grimey got what he deserved IMO.

Ah now that's a totally uncalled for comment,Grimey had a very hard life and his only vice was meeting prostitutes,can you imagine finishing a 12hr shift then going home to your apartment and its below a bowling alley and on top of another bowling alley.

I think he should be recognised for all the work he done throughout his life,see its people like you who coast through life and expect everything to be done for them.You sir are what's wrong with Ireland.

Very nice house BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Darren Sutherland. Just so sad for his family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

Jade Goody

I always wanted to see her kebab
    ah jade,the working mans diana.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Luke Kelly and Bill Hicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

jeffery dahmer, a light that burned so bright could never burn so long:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Dermot Morgan because there would be no more Father Ted and he was at the peak of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

I don't generally give much of a crap about whether slebs live or die, but I was surprisingly upset when Sérgio Vieira de Mello, a Brazilian diplomat, was killed in a bomb blast in Iraq. Brilliant speaker, tireless humanitarian and the only older man I've ever lusted after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Katy French- but I didn't know it had till the Sindo told me about it on the front page for a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't think I've ever really been actually very upset by the death of a celebrity, but I've been shocked. I was shocked by Heath Ledger's death, and I felt a bit sad for his family, particularly his child. I was also a little shocked by Michael Jackson's death.

I might be sad when Christopher Hitchens dies, which will probably be sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Chris Benoit as well, but more because of the circumstances and its ramifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Ike Turner
    what a man, what a scumbag really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

My dad. The biggest celebrity in my life. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

Darren Sutherland - Such a shame to lose such a bright and talented man in his prime. I just felt sickened by the surreality of the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Bleeding Gums Murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

The 96.

YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Heath Ledger, no idea why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Payne Stewart, american golfer well known for wearing colourful clothing attire, killed in a plane crash in 1999 just months after winning the US Open again at age 42. Left behind a wife and 2 kids.

Also on the sporting field the deaths of Marc Vivien Foe and Cormac MacAnallen shocked me deeply.

Dermot Morgan, I couldnt believe that Fr.Ted was dead :(

And even though I didnt listen to his music when he died in 1995, but I find it terribly sad that Rory Gallagher isnt still with us playin' the blues :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

None :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Bruce Lee. Funny thing was, I grew up as a kid watching him, and when I was 8 or 9 my dad decided to tell me that he was dead (Bruce was gone 9 years before I was even born!). I actually felt like I lost a friend. It was for me, my first bereavement :(

Mufasa :(

Also - has anyone questioned why there is a "t?" at the end of the thread title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Brittany Murphy for some reason

Racing driver Greg Moore is another one that comes to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Theo Van Gogh.
    Maybe not an international celebrity before he got slaughtered in public in broad daylight for having an opinion on islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Heath Ledger - he had so much potential:(

And of course Michael Jackson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Brad Renfro.... *heart breaks* Overshadowed by Heath Ledger's death. He was a much better actor. I've loved him since seeing The Client as a kid. Raw talent and just so cool. I'll feel the same way if Edward Furlong goes, and he has come close...

Corey Haim too. Just superb in Lost Boys.

Dennis Hopper. RIP ya crazy bastard!

Patrick Swayze. He was so optimistic so determined to beat it, I really thought he would.

Thanks a lot OP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Eddie.

So, so talented and had turned his life around, only to have his past catch up with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Roro4Brit wrote: »
    Maude Flanders.

She was just such a good person and so generous to the community. When I think of poor Ned and those 2 beautiful boys she left behind, Rod and Todd.

It still brings a lump to my throat even now.

Not those peanuts......the ones at the bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Jade Goody's death affected me - Sickipedia crashed for a few hours!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Do people you knew personally count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Lassie - she could be an awful bitch, but she saved the lives of a lot of people.
    I was glad when Skippy died, he was only taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Ian Paisley
    I vote he be stuck in a 69 position with maggie when they die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

She wasn't a celebrity, but she was famous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 echos

John Candy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

While it defend affect me much at the time, there is days when I'm watching Fr. Ted and think to myself, Dermot Morgan had so much more to offer with that show.

Ahm, I can't think of any body else really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Heath Ledger - he had so much potential:(
    he really wasn't actually a good actor,maybe better than nicholas cage but sh1tter than michael douglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
    J.G. Ballard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

no celebrity had an effect, or anyone dying really, i dont get affected by tragedys on the news either though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Pope John Paul II

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

me@ucd wrote: »
    Ayrton Senna - I wouldnt class him as a celebrity though, he was a racing driver known the world over as one of the greatest

He is my all time sporting idol. He was totally obsessed with winning - probably too much.
    I'll never forget the day he died, i was completely and utterly devastated.
    Proud to say i saw him race 3 times, Silverstone '91, '92 & Donington '93.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Peter Steele from TON.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

"Dimebag" Darrell Abbott from Pantera.

His music had a huge influence on me when I was growing up. It got me through the ups and downs of being a teenager, but also because he was renowned for being a great character. If you watch any of Pantera's home videos he did nothing but bring a smile to everybodys face and was a real gent. It was shocking how he died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Jebus I thought I was trapped in a Facebook status update for a while!
    People who are affected by the death of "celebs"/people they dont actually know are just attention starved fools.

And as for the celebs themselves ... I had never even heard of Heath Ledger until he kicked the bucket!

• Advertisement
Advertisement