Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How getting from Kerry Airport to Cork City

Options
  • 30-09-2010 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello,
    I´ve been planning now for two days a short trip from Germany to Ireland.
    Flight-check. Return flight-check. Get from aircraft to Blackpool Retail Park, Cork-check...ehm, I´m afraid not.
    I´ve got 2h45min from landing to meeting. Tried to rent a car, but without a credit card is this almost impossible.
    Rail would last too long, 5 mins from mainstation to Blackpool wouldn´t work.
    Travel date is the 6th October.

Has someone an idea what I could do? Or the name of a car rental that accepts cash instead of credit card?
    Or is someone driving to Cork and doesn´t want to drive alone?

The easiest way would be getting a credit card, but I´ve not enough time until travel. The travel date is fixed and I can´t change it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

MikeDE wrote: »
    Hello,
    I´ve been planning now for two days a short trip from Germany to Ireland.
    Flight-check. Return flight-check. Get from aircraft to Blackpool Retail Park, Cork-check...ehm, I´m afraid not.
    I´ve got 2h45min from landing to meeting. Tried to rent a car, but without a credit card is this almost impossible.
    Rail would last too long, 5 mins from mainstation to Blackpool wouldn´t work.
    Travel date is the 6th October.

Has someone an idea what I could do? Or the name of a car rental that accepts cash instead of credit card?
    Or is someone driving to Cork and doesn´t want to drive alone?

The easiest way would be getting a credit card, but I´ve not enough time until travel. The travel date is fixed and I can´t change it.

Have you looked at buses? Or could you get a taxi from the airport to Farranfore, to catch a bus/train? There are buses pretty much every hour from Farranfore to Cork. The train or bus may be better depending on which part of Cork. Train times may not work, they're every two hours at half past the odd hour, and some require you to wait half an hour in Mallow to get to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MikeDE

Thanks for your answer, I checked the bus routes and times, but unfortunately it doesn´t work. The earliest bus I could get would arrive in Cork 5 minutes too late, and I would also have to get from station to Blackpool.

Thanks for your answer, I checked the bus routes and times, but unfortunately it doesn´t work. The earliest bus I could get would arrive in Cork 5 minutes too late, and I would also have to get from station to Blackpool.

So the car rental at the airport only accepts credit cards yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MikeDE

I found a car rental that accepts cash deposit. At the moment, I still don´t know the amount, but I am pleased that it is possible.
    The contact came over a booker company in Germany.
    At the Airport, it´s the Irish Car Rental/Alamo.
    This would be an exception and not usual, as my booker informed me.

I found a car rental that accepts cash deposit. At the moment, I still don´t know the amount, but I am pleased that it is possible.
    The contact came over a booker company in Germany.
    At the Airport, it´s the Irish Car Rental/Alamo.
    This would be an exception and not usual, as my booker informed me.

Great to see it worked out for you. The flight will probably land quite early so you should have plenty of time to drive to Blackpool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement