Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Revolt, Coup d'état Would you support it?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

Ireland's too divisive for Coup d'etat's, but we do a good Civil war, and by the looks of the poll in this thread that's what we'd get, just in time as the politics of the last civil war are fading...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

judestynes wrote: »
    You don't need guns for a successful revolt, just courage and resolve.

And guns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭James2693

It's time now

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It'll happen any minute now, any minute.

All these internet hardmen are bound to act.

Any minute.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

If one starts that I think has a chance of winning, yes.

Y'see here's the thing. If the revolution wins, those who sided with the legitamate government, go to the wall. If a western democratic government wins, those who sided with the revolution, go to prison for a bit in conditions a fair bit better than a post-revolutionary dictatorship would have.

It's called being an opportunist ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

James2693 wrote: »
    It's time now

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

whens the next big march and or protest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Gary4279 wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Irish Army are a lot more skillful than most think. Would your army be able to dodge stinger missile systems and have marks men trained to international standards. and even if you we're somehow to build an army the irish army ranger wing are among the best in the world. (ran rings around the navy seals when the american docked here before iraq. the american asked them to test security on their boats, the rangers got on and off an american naval battle ship under lockdown, left birthday cards through out without the american even knowing they had arrived) so my point is, go have your rebellion, the state can do without your gene pool.

I would hope that if there was an armed revolt,that the army and/or rangers would carry it out.It is their responsibility to defend the country.Despite their talents, they would not stand a chance against full on guerilla warfare.Look at the Yanks.Even with all their resources they still can't contain the locals in Iraq or Afghanistan.Plus in an Army v Militia situation,defection from the Army would be an inevitability, and that would seriously compromise our relatively small forces.

I wonder what the RIRA,CIRA etc are up to right now.I fear they could be doing more than just twiddling their thumbs.We might be inching ever closer to all out mayhem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Last week no. After tonight yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Stinicker wrote: »
    Ireland needs you,

Are you man enough?

Perhaps you can tell by my name I am a lady but hell yeah Im man enough.;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I wonder what the RIRA,CIRA etc are up to right now

Dealing drugs and smuggling. Recession proof stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Dealing drugs and smuggling. Recession proof stuff.

LOL, seems to be all they're good for now that you mention it.Maybe they won't be a threat.What if we don't have any money to buy their drugs and duty free goods?They might get ansy then.

Shinners just try to storm the parlement buildings/

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

My god this whole thread is ridicilous, i hope most of the people who voted yes, were joking, as i thought we lived in a civilised society...maybe i was wrong...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Time to contact our mates Al Qaeda.
    They would surely sort our politicians out and for free too! Bargin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    My god this whole thread is ridicilous, i hope most of the people who voted yes, were joking, as i thought we lived in a civilised society...maybe i was wrong...

Yes i think you are wrong!

Who supplies the guns and where do i sign???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Have we had an upsurge in new boards.ie registrations from Northern Ireland recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭judestynes

If you mean by "civilised" apathetic, disinterested and disengaged then I suppose your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Nice to see the truth about the kind of people we have here in afterhours that 45% of people would think some sort of violent uprising is the right thing to do.

You people should really really cop on, this is what will be the result, in addition to a complete collapse of the country many people will die needlessly

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7117589.ece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dearest Reginald

Stinicker wrote: »
    The time has long since passed for action against Fianna Fail which has taken one of the best performing economies in the World and put us on a par with a debt ridden 3rd world country.

For 800 long years we fought British Rule, this government has overseen the greatest robbery of wealth from the working and middle classes since the Plantations of Ireland under the British Crown.

Fianna Fail has committed Treason against the people and must be removed from office and punished harshly. They cannot be allowed to get away with this. If Ireland was under British rule today and this was happening we would more than happy to rebel and fight for our rights. We must fight these Traitors and get them out when the system of checks and balances in our democracy and constitution have failed to protect the country from the level of economic pillage.

My family before me fought for our freedom and died in the process and seeing what is happening now I would be prepared to put my life on the line and fight to remove these treasonous criminals from office. I can't emigrate and any hopes of becoming successful in life have been destroyed by these criminals and Ireland is now in the same place as we were under British occupation.

Ireland needs you,

Are you man enough?

I think maybe you should lay off the drink for a while, or at least dont type whilst drunk. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

judestynes wrote: »
    If you mean by "civilised" apathetic, disinterested and disengaged then I suppose your right.
    Oh come on, you know thats not my point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

Nice to see the truth about the kind of people we have here in afterhours that 45% of people would think some sort of violent uprising is the right thing to do.

You people should really really cop on, this is what will be the result, in addition to a complete collapse of the country many people will die needlessly

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7117589.ece

We call that the internet hard man effect. These keyboard warriors talk a good fight, but the chances of them actually protesting is non existent. Politicians are aware of this, and have it factored into their decision making. The masses will throw verbal rocks for a while, but that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

These keyboard warriors talk a good fight, but the chances of them actually protesting is non existent. Politicians are aware of this, and have it factored into their decision making. The masses will throw verbal rocks for a while, but that is all.

We shall poke them on the beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭judestynes

Oh come on, you know thats not my point
    What is your point? My point is whether theres an armed insurrection or not, Cowen and his cohorts have put angry people on the streets with very legitmate grievences and threads such as this one where by citizens are seriously considering violently removing the goernment from office. That in itself should be enough to tell fianna fail they are no longer wanted. The citizenry of Ireland deserve better not only from fianna fail but from all the polical party's. This coming budget isn't the first harsh budget we've faced and it won't be the last. I don't believe the citizenry are protesting cuts, they're protesting what is in effect an establishment of a class system ruled by a political untouchable elite. There should be no room what so ever for a class system in a republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Peaceful revolt, is where it is at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement