Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Streetview and shooters

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

My memory is reasonably good, I have done a fair bit of study of toxins as part of my job so I always take an interest in Doc's on said subject.
    I was more interested in the Pyebald outside the Village :D

More drivel. You might be proud of your memory, but what it seems to retain is pure unadulterated rose fertilizer and makes me wonder about the quality of other stuff posted.

Despite your claims :o to expertise, anybody who had the most basic understanding of toxins or science would know you are wrong.:rolleyes: Asbestos is not and cannot ever be a toxin; it is a silicate mineral and contains no toxic elements because it is not a protein.

What makes it useful as an insulator and building material are its fibres, providing bonds/strength. They are like fishhooks, atom size sharp and they mechanically irritate cells thereby causing all sorts of nasties including cancer. Inhale those fibres and you end up dead, sooner or, if you are unlucky, later.

Encased in cement asbestos is harmless, it does not deteriorate and decay or whatever else you mistakenly accuse it of. Take a disc cutter/angle-grinder to roofing sheets, inhale the dust and you are not only asking, but shouting for trouble. It is dumb enough going off topic, but in doing so with misinformation is ............well, it would be snipped so I’ll not bother..................

And, FWIW, it is piebald, pie-, from pica, Latin for a magpie.:P:D:D:D
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

More drivel. You might be proud of your memory, but what it seems to retain is pure unadulterated rose fertilizer and makes me wonder about the quality of other stuff posted.

Despite your claims :o to expertise, anybody who had the most basic understanding of toxins or science would know you are wrong.:rolleyes: Asbestos is not and cannot ever be a toxin; it is a silicate mineral and contains no toxic elements because it is not a protein.

What makes it useful as an insulator and building material are its fibres, providing bonds/strength. They are like fishhooks, atom size sharp and they mechanically irritate cells thereby causing all sorts of nasties including cancer. Inhale those fibres and you end up dead, sooner or, if you are unlucky, later.

Encased in cement asbestos is harmless, it does not deteriorate and decay or whatever else you mistakenly accuse it of. Take a disc cutter/angle-grinder to roofing sheets, inhale the dust and you are not only asking, but shouting for trouble. It is dumb enough going off topic, but in doing so with misinformation is ............well, it would be snipped so I’ll not bother..................

And, FWIW, it is piebald, pie-, from pica, Latin for a magpie.:P:D:D:D
    P.

I said I could not spell:rolleyes: Several posts ago in fact...

I'm not getting into a debate on asbestos
    Since this is a thread about google street map ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I said I could not spell:rolleyes: Several posts ago in fact...

I'm not getting into a debate on asbestos
    Since this is a thread about google street map ;)
    You started the debate about asbestos...

And then continued it...

And now you're pointing the finger at somebody else? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I have noticed the phoenix park is not on Google street view.

if it is no harm how come chateau Mary Mc is not to be seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

...and with that I'm closing the thread because we're so far from the original topic that we'd need google maps to find our way back to it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement