Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We'll all be pensioners by the time it's built, come on the fcuk

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/shareholder-update-22012013.page?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Along with being chair of two charitable sport for development foundations and owning two yacht-racing teams, Mills is a non-executive director at Tottenham.

He's been a fan of the club since he was brought to a game as an 11-year-old boy by his uncle. Mills very much sticks to the business side of things in his role at the club, such as the plans to build a new state-of-the-art stadium and all that goes with that, including efforts to sell the naming rights.

The first phase of this development is under way, and the next phase is the stadium itself. The plan is to build as much of the new stadium as possible before demolishing the existing one and the financial key to helping this happen is securing a naming rights partner.

"We've been talking to a lot of companies over the last six months or so about that prospect. These naming rights deals are very long term, over ten or 20 years, and are worth a lot of money. The sort of organisation that would sign up to such a deal are less impacted by the economies of the world. They are the very large companies, Guinness is a good example, and a Guinness stadium in London would be fantastic."

Massive deals like this take time but Mills hopes to have something finalised by the end of the year. For the London Olympics they sold a billion pounds' worth of sponsorship without displaying any branding. The companies that bought into the Games, like BT, did so to showcase their products and by doing so got a significant return. Mills can see something similar happening with White Hart Lane; for instance the club has been in discussions with an energy company which could showcase the stadium as the most sustainable in the world.

Link

Could you imagine going to "The Guinness Stadium, home of Tottenham Hotspur FC" on a Saturday afternoon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Hatch99 wrote: »

Bunch of jokers! Hope they don't disrupt the process, fair play to the club for at least meeting to hear them, last time I'd say!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Daily mail staying classy :P of course their would be a few angered by such a move, there's always a group of people angered by something that doesn't bother anyone else :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

There's a few good links regarding the new stadium and surrounding areas below....

I came across these stories/links. They have updated Stadium (and surrounding area) design pics, and are well worth a look, if you're interested. Scroll down through them...

http://haringey.gov.uk/tottenham_summary_pdf_web.pdf

Then there's GREAT DETAIL in this link. Again, scroll down, 3rd pic from bottom is very nice.

http://haringey.gov.uk/tottenham_srf.pdf

And here's a lovely insight about the local Tottenham residents helping to get this stuff finally sorted.

http://haringey.gov.uk/index/news_and_events/latest_news/thousands-help-shape-tottenhams-future.htm

'Apparantly the club are hopeful a new planning application will not be needed, the kop feature will stay and I am lead to believe there may now only be corporate facilities in the East and West stands though I expect there to be lots. Capacity aim is the same ie 56,000 to 60,000.

NFL team is still very much on the cards though the only effect this will have on design would be the pitch and the design as previously reported'

From Standard.co.uk:

Tottenham Hale, in the south-east corner of the area, is to get an even bigger Tube and rail station while, to the north, White Hart Lane's £430 million football stadium will take bulbous shape by 2016 alongside the bulk of the recently completed Tottenham University.

NOTE THAT DATE FOR THE STADIUM!!

Landmark new station at Tottenham Hale...

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/news/travel_2_3378/landmark_tottenham_hale_station_plans_get_green_light_1_3423660

Then Stadium ITK fella, Edmonton, was in a conversation and had this to say....

Edmonton: Actually there has been quite a bit of progress this week some very significant but after yesterday and with Sunday coming none of us care any more.

Someone: If I'm reading the Brentford thread correctly I believe that Eric Pickles had to sign off on their plans. If that's the case can we assume that he's getting closer to making a decision on ours?

Edmonton: Another month but that won't be the end........

This is a pic of the completed Sainsburys, and the college on top (it's not pretty from this angle)

http://imageshack.com/a/img21/2069/89kt.jpg

And this angle does it no favours either..

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploadedImages/Shared_Assets/Images/News_images/SEASON_13-14/September_2013/UTC/utc_730b.jpg?n=4401&targetTypeID=HighResNewsImage

MORE ITK.....

Capacity about the same. 56-60k
    Waiting for CPO although we increased our bid for the land.
    Confident to start this year. Finish 17/18.
    Slight change to design with more glass.
    Possible move to Upton Park or Wembley to finish stadium early.

Like I said, take a look, scroll through the info, there's some great stuff in there. Cheers all. COYS

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7516741#ixzz2x4Gvwnmy

• Advertisement

New financial statement from Spurs states 'the new stadium will be ready to open summer of 2017 with construction commencing end of this year.' Paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.

http://m.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/financial-results-shareholder-and-stadium-update-020414/

Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

What it actually says is

"It is a major development that will present ongoing challenges and subject to these challenges being manageable we anticipate going out to tender for construction late this year which will make a stadium opening date of Summer 2017 feasible."

So basically could be Summer 2017 if all the planets are aligned at the same time and we have a strong enough wind to push us along ... but its likely to be later than that :)

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    What it actually says is

"It is a major development that will present ongoing challenges and subject to these challenges being manageable we anticipate going out to tender for construction late this year which will make a stadium opening date of Summer 2017 feasible."

So basically could be Summer 2017 if all the planets are aligned at the same time and we have a strong enough wind to push us along ... but its likely to be later than that :)

You missed the bit above that which stating one of the major stumbling blocks (acquiring the last parcel of land necessary to develop the stadium which had objections in 2013). Convenient you left that bit out!

I really don't think the club are going out of their way to fool everyone into thinking a stadium will be built. It's complicated people need to be patient but they have just given their future projections to the public.

Nothing left out on purpose ..still stand by my view regarding the stadium .. originally was supposed to be ready for 2012 when it was first mooted in 2008/9 ... now 2017 ... i'm sure it will happen .. just hope we have a team worthy enough to play in it ...

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Nothing left out on purpose ..still stand by my view regarding the stadium .. originally was supposed to be ready for 2012 when it was first mooted in 2008/9 ... now 2017 ... i'm sure it will happen .. just hope we have a team worthy enough to play in it ...

I just felt you avoided what the complications are. There's been a few including raising money to build the thing and local council being right arses compared to the local council who helped build emirates. It's clearly not a simple project and no point putting the club into huge debt in order to just have it built. Stadium has to be built right without crippling the club and I think that's what they're aware of.

I think that we probably shouldn't have been given dates until the final decision on that issue in April 2013 is handed out but in guessing they're expecting good new and this is what the projections are based on.

Fully understand the complexities around all this and is a huge undertaking in regenerating an area where the council/government have no interest in ... its just not fashionable compared to Highbury/Islington unfortunately.
    It always a dangerous area putting dates on things as many of us hold the club to these dates ..especially as very little info comes out from the club at times.
    Hopefully Pickles does the right thing and allows the CPO then we can just crack on and get this stadium built ...

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

They're saying now we could be moving to Wembley for a season or two while the build is on.

They're saying now we could be moving to Wembley for a season or two while the build is on.

Yea don't fancy that but what other way is there of doing it. If it means we get our new stadium, we gotta go with the flow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Yea don't fancy that but what other way is there of doing it. If it means we get our new stadium, we gotta go with the flow.

Season tickets it is then for Wembley :pac:

Didn't Levy announce a couple of years ago their plan to build the stadium whilst still being able to host games at WHL with a reduced capacity towards the latter stages of construction?

They're knocking part of one of the stands so the capacity would end up being reduced to 20 something thousand.

I'm guessing they must be capable of making some dough out of Wembley so if they're gonna chose there instead of original plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

He says there's 47,000 on the waiting list for season tickets. If 40,000 of them take up the option to buy for a couple of seasons, along with the 36,000 already turning up in WHL. We could create a fairly decent atmosphere in Wembley.

I'd say you'd get 80,000 going to the big matches, with extra away fans added. Though the average attendance would be lower.

70,000 x £80 (avg ticket price inc corporate revenue) = £5.6m

You might make an extra £200k on concessions.

Then pay the FA £2m per game for rent and hosting.

£3.8m profit per game.

£72.2m in the kitty over the course of 19 home league fixtures.

All very hypothetical, but it would be a nice money spinner. Plus, it also shows you why we desperately need a new stadium.

irishmover wrote: »
    Didn't Levy announce a couple of years ago their plan to build the stadium whilst still being able to host games at WHL with a reduced capacity towards the latter stages of construction?

They're knocking part of one of the stands so the capacity would end up being reduced to 20 something thousand.

I'm guessing they must be capable of making some dough out of Wembley so if they're gonna chose there instead of original plan.

Yeah, pretty sure the original concept showed the new stadium big built and WHL being kept part open until the final phase. Must be dragging out the programme? Plus the opportunity for additional revenue if we played 19 games in Wembley.

I'd be slightly concerned that every team in the league would treat their away game to us as a cup final and our home form could be disastrous.

PS. This is another great game of smoke and mirrors by Levy/ENIC.

"Quickly, roll out news of the new stadium so the fans stop focusing on Tim and his motley crew"

PS. This is another great game of smoke and mirrors by Levy/ENIC.

"Quickly, roll out news of the new stadium so the fans stop focusing on Tim and his motley crew"

Another case of damned if you do, damned if you don't for ENIC eh?

Seems to be fairly common the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Wait till we get Vincent Tan and he changes our colour to red......

I just think the timing is convenient. We haven't really learnt more than we already knew and we're taking about the proposed new stadium instead of our existing sh1t team/manager.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

we're taking about the proposed new stadium instead of our existing sh1t team/manager.

Levy wouldn't talk about our current/new manager, not until after one has been sacked/hired, nor should he IMO or else he could open the club up to a world of legal hurt.

• Advertisement

I just think the timing is convenient. We haven't really learnt more than we already knew and we're taking about the proposed new stadium instead of our existing sh1t team/manager.

Fully agree. And the season ticket waiting list thing makes me laugh. This doesn't mean 40k will want to buy one, a small % of them I'd say. Sure I'm 300 or something on the waiting list but it wouldn't interest me in buying one, unless I was doing it with 3 or 4 others.

Advertisement