Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Levy wouldn't talk about our current/new manager, not until after one has been sacked/hired, nor should he IMO or else he could open the club up to a world of legal hurt.

Yeah that's pretty obvious. The point is that yesterday, for a change in recent weeks, Spurs fans had something positive to read about in the newspaper or on BBC/Sky. Whilst none of it was really news it suspended us fans talking about the team and Sherwood. Coincidence?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Coincidence?

I think you're reading a bit much into it personally. Considering there's not much longer left in the season, when do you reckon would be a more appropriate time for this stadium update?

There's nothing to stop us talking about both topics, although that's pretty obvious too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I think you're reading a bit much into it personally. Considering there's not much longer left in the season, when do you reckon would be a more appropriate time for this stadium update?

There's nothing to stop us talking about both topics, although that's pretty obvious too.

Leinstersqspur is spot on, all timed to take the attention off us being a laughing stock

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Leinstersqspur is spot on, all timed to take the attention off us being a laughing stock

It's certainly a possibility and not one I'd quickly disregard but I guess we'll never really know if there's anything to it at all, it's all opinions at the end of the day.

It's certainly a possibility and not one I'd quickly disregard but I guess we'll never really know if there's anything to it at all, it's all opinions at the end of the day.

Your right, we'll probably never know. As for opinions, sure that's why we're all here!

Maybe one day Daniel will sign up on boards and set us all straight.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I think you'll find Spurs announce a financial report every season along with a statement from Daniel Levy. Notice a mention of the stadium last season aswell.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/21152143

My point before was people were whinging and moaning about the lack of public statements from Levy regarding the stadium and anything else related to the club. A statement is given to coincide with the financial report and people find ways to complain about that too.

Regardless of where we were in the table this report would have been released in the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Looks like the Compulsory Purchase Order has got the green light...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-scheme-gets-the-green-light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Looks like the Compulsory Purchase Order has got the green light...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-scheme-gets-the-green-light?

Finally, huge news for the club

Great news. Would love to be doing the surveying on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/new-stadium-update-100914/

Moving in to the new stadium in 2017/18 is "highly unlikely".

The two companies that won't budge are appealing the Compulsory Purchase Order, which means this could roll on and on and on and on.

The club is now saying that moving to another ground for a season is a must, if we want the stadium built asap.

Anyone got any decent suggestions for a stadium for one season?

I've hear the MK Dons stadium being mentioned - 30,500 seater. Might be a bit of a pain in the hole to get tow from Stanstead...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/new-stadium-update-100914/

Moving in to the new stadium in 2017/18 is "highly unlikely".

The two companies that won't budge are appealing the Compulsory Purchase Order, which means this could roll on and on and on and on.

The club is now saying that moving to another ground for a season is a must, if we want the stadium built asap.

I've hear the MK Dons stadium being mentioned - 30,500 seater. Might be a bit of a pain in the hole to get tow from Stanstead...

Sorry for being negative but has anything changed?
    Still no start date/finish date.
    Confirmed we will have to move out for a season ,we all knew this already.

Sorry for being negative but has anything changed?
    Still no start date/finish date.
    Confirmed we will have to move out for a season ,we all knew this already.

Getting the CPOs were a big step forward, though these appeals (even though anticipated) are a big step back. This could roll on for years.

Levy needs to get the rioters out again, the last one he organised was pretty successful - from a club perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Was thinking the Olympic stadium until I realised that Leyton Orient would go absolutely crazy if that happened.

Wembley is being talked about but there is more stadiums that are already ruled out than potential sites for the season.

First floor of Archway Steel ablaze this morning, a new low for Levy:rolleyes:
    http://www.lbc.co.uk/warehouse-by-white-hart-lane-on-fire-100938

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Owners suspect arson.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Owners suspect arson.

Arson Wenger?

First floor of Archway Steel ablaze this morning, a new low for Levy:rolleyes:
    http://www.lbc.co.uk/warehouse-by-white-hart-lane-on-fire-100938

Hardly a new low.... the last time Levy wanted to gain control of North London he started a riot over the killing of a black guy by police and most of the area around WHL burnt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Rumors all over Twitter that our new sponsor is Nike,

Nike Heart Lane folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Might support the London NFL idea....Nike Stadium....

slegs wrote: »
    Might support the London NFL idea....Nike Stadium....

Doubt it, more chance of that deal with Under Armour than Nike

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Decision on final land purchase to be announced in High Court this morning at 09:30. Sky Sports News are covering it. Big day!

Dave11 wrote: »
    Decision on final land purchase to be announced in High Court this morning at 09:30. Sky Sports News are covering it. Big day!

All 3 grounds for appeal from archway rejected. Looks like the compulsory order will be going ahead and we'll be set to build.

As a side note, judge dove stated that Spurs owners have proven the financial viability of the project both with the funds being instantly available to commence the £400m development and the ability to repay the money without the necessity for European football (like our neighbours).

I must say at the moment this seems like a big win for ENIC and we could potentially be looking at a new stadium afterall.

Great news for everyone associated with the club. Exciting times.

And confirmed that Archway cannot appeal any further. Full time lads. Nothing standing in the way of the stadium now.

irishmover wrote: »
    And confirmed that Archway cannot appeal any further. Full time lads. Nothing standing in the way of the stadium now.

I'm seeing on Twitter they have 21 days to appeal
    https://twitter.com/JTTottenhamIndy/status/568741502500909056?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Great news! Compulsory Purchase Order confirmed.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-31551055

I love the picture in this article....

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/northumberland-development-project-update-200215/?

On the left you have the newly built THFC offices, on the far right the old stadium and in the middle the building site for the new stadium (and Archway Sheet Metal Works).

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »

Technically they can appeal but even the judge said there's no point...

"Archway, the owners of the last remaining land to be acquired for the stadium site, requested permission to appeal the judgment and this was refused by Mr Justice Dove who concluded that an appeal had no reasonable prospect of success. Archway now have 21 days in which to apply to the Court of Appeal."

Advertisement