Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wattson Home Energy Monitor

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    Id like to buy an energy monitor for the home so I can cut down on my bills and was wondering if anyone has experience of the Wattson? I know there are cheaper versions but the red numbers on the Wattson seem as if theyd be easier to read from afar and I dont want to have to get up to read the grey LCDs like on the other ones.
    Just wondering does anyone have a Wattson and how they have got on with it?
    Cheers
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its ok ye. Requires recharging quite often if you want it wireless, wont be a problem if your leaving it in one spot the whole time beside a socket.

The sending unit, also requires battery changing. Roughly 4 times a years. This will go up or drop depending on the how often you want the data sent to the display unit.

Its good the way it can connect to a pc, download and record your usage to it. Then will tell you when and how many units you used compared to previous occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PeterPepper66

We got one recently and its been fab. Bills gone down too. The other monitors were a bit ugly to be putting in the living room so we chose the Wattson one - thinking of getting one for my brther for xmas as hes always moaning about his bills!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Seems expensive compared to those plugged by bord gais - what did it set you back and is your meter outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PeterPepper66

You get what you pay for really. The Wattson is more expensive than the ones on Bord Gais cos its more effective. You cant even see the grey readouts from the other ones unless youre up close and none of them have the simple 3 light glow to demonstrate if youre below or above your average use.
    Trust me, I should know, my brother got an Owl one and said that he never noticed it after the first day he set it up
    Wattson going strong, whole family loves it and bills gone right down.
    Cost was €130 from www.wattson.ie . Hooked up easily to my meter which is outside in cupboard

Advertisement