Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids outside music world

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know why theres a gang of kids sitting outside music world. What's going on sale that has them waiting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

cena wrote: »
    anyone know why theres a gang of kids sitting outside music world. What's going on sale that has them waiting

Probably concert tickets

Childline concert tickets go on sale today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yup that's exactly it. Childline tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

They might just be loitering - looking for elderly people to torment. Maybe take some drugs and also amounting to nothing in life, due to their own laziness and the recession. Thats what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Kind of on the same note. For the last three Fridays after school and last year if me or my friends are just standing or sitting on the benches talking we are kicked out and told to move along. The security guard only does this to people in school uniform. I wouldn't mind if we were being loud or in any way destructive or obstructive to other shoppers but we're just waiting for buses out of the rain or waiting with my friend before she goes to work. It's completely unfair.:mad::mad::mad:

We use to always hang out in golden island shopping centre after school! never got moved but that was a long time ago now.
    You should go skateboarding through the golden island or something hip and cool like in that avril lavigne video to wreck the security guards heads. No need for them to be assholes about it, thats what kids do they hang around shopping centres. Sure where else are they meant to hang out, when there is no other facilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

In fairness, teenagers in school uniforms hanging around shopping centres is a pain in the hole. While you and your friends might be ok, there is large number who make it a pain for other shoppers, especially when a couple of lads start to play fight and end up knocking some kid over, which I have experienced. It's easier for the security guard to throw anybody in a school uniform out than wait for something to happen before throwing people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

tubos wrote: »
    It's easier for the security guard to throw anybody in a school uniform out than wait for something to happen before throwing people out.

ehhhh does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

athlonelad wrote: »
    ehhhh does that make sense?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

yeah, but just kick out the people who are causing trouble rather than kicking out every teenager.

Ah let them cause a bit of trouble, if wasn't for teenagers hanging round town in the evenings after school the place would be dead and depressing.

No harm in a bit of messing, thats what young people are meant to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

tubos wrote: »
    Yes
    I think its more like the kids who dont go to school that cause the trouble

And kids who do go to school are saints.
    look all kids hang around and mess, thats part of life, let them have their craic, before they know they will be stuck in dead end jobs (and soul destroying good jobs!), and the like. Let them enjoy themselves whilst they can. Sure their taxes will be paying our pensions and the costs of the recession their whole lives! Let them have their cake now, as they won't get to have it later on in life!

Advertisement