Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio/TV volunteers in Cork

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any licensed or pirate radio stations that need volunteers in Cork. I'm not looking to get on the radio, but I want to volunteer as a researcher for a current affairs show, perhaps, or learn a bit about Radio production. All I've found searching on the internet is Cork FM which doesn't actually appear to be broadcasting, a Christian radio station, and Community TV station which doesn't seem to have anything going on at present. Anyone know of any others? Is there anyone here that works on anything like this, or even some other media related project which requires research?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

The two main cork radio channels are Redfm & 96fm so they'd be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

PrinceMax wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any licensed or pirate radio stations that need volunteers in Cork. I'm not looking to get on the radio, but I want to volunteer as a researcher for a current affairs show, perhaps, or learn a bit about Radio production. All I've found searching on the internet is Cork FM which doesn't actually appear to be broadcasting, a Christian radio station, and Community TV station which doesn't seem to have anything going on at present. Anyone know of any others? Is there anyone here that works on anything like this, or even some other media related project which requires research?

You'll find it very hard to get time in redfm or 96fm as they have loads of others applying there for work experience every year as well.

Maybe try out CUH fm (cork university hospital) or the campus radio in UCC might even be worth a try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

You'll find it very hard to get time in redfm or 96fm as they have loads of others applying there for work experience every year as well.

Maybe try out CUH fm (cork university hospital) or the campus radio in UCC might even be worth a try?

Never thought of CUH radio. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Anyone here volunteer with CUH radio? Is it still going? Tried calling the number on the BAI website, and was told the number isn't correct. Also, the website appears to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Anyone here volunteer with CUH radio? Is it still going? Tried calling the number on the BAI website, and was told the number isn't correct. Also, the website appears to be gone.

cuhfm@hotmail.com
    021-4922521

From there facebook page which seems to be updated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 crixus veritas

The Christian radio station, LIfe FM, is actively looking for volunteers and contrary to what people may think, ones religious background doesn't neccessarily exclude you. They also offer huge scope for trying things out and development. Give them a shout.

Advertisement