Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ninetendo wii has no hdmi output??

• 01-10-2010 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

is there any way to get around it? it has a usb but no hdmi,is there some kind of usb to hdmi lead i can get?its a pain because the playstation one has hdmi.why not nintendo?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

USB? Huh?

The best you can get is component, which is a bit better than scart/rgb. It's still ****e though.

The Wii is about as powerful as last year's mobile phone in terms of graphics, and Nintendo want to make it cheap (to make money!!) so no HDMI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Why do you want hdmi for 576i / 480p? You will get no benefit, besides, component is better for analogue video.
    Also, 480p is better than 576i on my tv anyway.

nereid wrote: »
    Why do you want hdmi for 576i / 480p? You will get no benefit, besides, component is better for analogue video.
    Also, 480p is better than 576i on my tv anyway.

You don't make any sense. "component is better for analogue video"

Component is analogue, HDMI is digital. Do you think the video signal inside the Wii is analogue? HDMI is always better, provided the systems support it of course, and it's implemented correctly.

480p is higher resolution than 576i, so yeah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

ok folks,this is gonna be a bit awkward because i have the lcd 40in already mounted and i dont wanna have to take her down:eek::eek:

I have a single hdmi cable feeding a splitter box which then feeds my sky box and a blu ray player, if i were to plug my nintendo into the scart input on my sky box will this work? sorry if thats sounds like i havent got a clue,but in reality,..I dont! thats why i am here:)

ok folks,this is gonna be a bit awkward because i have the lcd 40in already mounted and i dont wanna have to take her down:eek::eek:

I have a single hdmi cable feeding a splitter box which then feeds my sky box and a blu ray player, if i were to plug my nintendo into the scart input on my sky box will this work? sorry if thats sounds like i havent got a clue,but in reality,..I dont! thats why i am here:)

It might work, if your Sky box has 2 SCART connections (one in, one out).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

It sounds like you're trying to use the SCART port on the Sky box as a converter to convert the signal into a digital form for presentation on the TV. I'd be 99.99% sure that won't work -- the Sky boxes have two SCART ports, but firstly they're both intended for output (one to a TV, one to a VCR) not input, and secondly, I'd really doubt that the Sky box would digitize analogue feeds coming into the SCART box and transmit it through the HDMI cable.

If you don't mind a slightly lower picture quality (than using component in) - check your TV - you may find that there are easily accessible composite video ports on the side to save you having to mount/unmount the TV -- just plug it in directly when you want to use the Wii.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

It sounds like you're trying to use the SCART port on the Sky box as a converter to convert the signal into a digital form for presentation on the TV. I'd be 99.99% sure that won't work -- the Sky boxes have two SCART ports, but firstly they're both intended for output (one to a TV, one to a VCR) not input, and secondly, I'd really doubt that the Sky box would digitize analogue feeds coming into the SCART box and transmit it through the HDMI cable.

If you don't mind a slightly lower picture quality (than using component in) - check your TV - you may find that there are easily accessible composite video ports on the side to save you having to mount/unmount the TV -- just plug it in directly when you want to use the Wii.

YES! Found 3 little plug ins, red white and yellow right at the side where the hdmi input is, never even noticed them before!:D

Thank you,
    now where is the best place to put sensor thingy,normally i put in on the top of the tv but it might be tricky,can i just put it near the tv on the hi fi unit where the sky box is? its about 500mm below the bottom of the tv.

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

YES! Found 3 little plug ins, red white and yellow right at the side where the hdmi input is, never even noticed them before!:D

Thank you,
    now where is the best place to put sensor thingy,normally i put in on the top of the tv but it might be tricky,can i just put it near the tv on the hi fi unit where the sky box is? its about 500mm below the bottom of the tv.

TIA

You should put the "sensor bar" (it's really just a collection of IR lights that the wiimote uses as a point of reference) either directly above or directly below the TV (and tell the Wii which one you picked). If you put it anywhere else, any games that rely on pointing at the screen won't work correctly, as the wiimote won't know where it is in relation to the TV set.

Advertisement