Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro

• 01-10-2010 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭

I couldn't resist this, got it home, and now I want to throw it through the window.

Okay, I've never used a touch screen before, and can't work out what to touch, and what to tap and what to slide, but what is really driving me mad is what I go to Wattpad (my favourite app in the world), I can't get at any menu except the main one offering the crappy fan fiction. On my old phone, I press * to get to the search menu, but there is no option for that on my new one.

Anyone got any suggestions before I stamp on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think you hit the button with the 4 squares over it, that should bring you into extra menu, not on the touch the buttons on the phone it's silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Thanks. I'll try that. I'm beginning to think I should have stuck with my old w300. At least that way, I could get wattpad and email and stuff without any messing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

EileenG wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll try that. I'm beginning to think I should have stuck with my old w300. At least that way, I could get wattpad and email and stuff without any messing.

No point in staying stuck in the past.

Welcome to the future, give it time, you'll get used to it.

That worked, but it doesn't offer me a way of downloading books to read off-line, the way my old phone did. I was stuck in Athlone at the weekend, there was no reception, and if I hadn't had half a dozen books already downloaded, I've have gone nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Wait, you bought a x10 mini to read ebooks on?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

EileenG wrote: »
    That worked, but it doesn't offer me a way of downloading books to read off-line, the way my old phone did. I was stuck in Athlone at the weekend, there was no reception, and if I hadn't had half a dozen books already downloaded, I've have gone nuts.

Possibly only in a paid version you can download?

draffodx wrote: »
    Possibly only in a paid version you can download?

I don't think wattpad has a paid version. If it has, it's being amazingly discreet with the advertising.

Wait, you bought a x10 mini to read ebooks on?:eek:

I didn't actually buy it. Switched what I was spending on PAYG to bill pay and they gave it to me. But I wanted a phone that had a proper keyboard and that I could use to access Boards and other websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You should check out Audible.

What's that? Oh, i'm typing this on my X10. On the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Aldiko is the best reading app. Would hate to read on that tiny screen though.

Just downloaded a Kindle for Android and about a dozen freebie books to try it out. I'm also busy reading wattpad.

Advertisement