Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance: hair transplant surgery

Options
  • 01-10-2010 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Do the vhi cover hair transplant surgery? any idea what percentage of the cost they cover? i have to double check but i think i am on the plan b. specifically i am looking at the ailesbury hair clinic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Generally, treatment like hair transplant surgery is considered cosmetic and isn't covered by health insurers.

More specifically, the Ailesbury Hair Clinic isn't on VHI's list of participating facilities, so even if the treatment was covered, it wouldn't be covered there. The VHI's list of participating facilities is here.

If the hair loss is caused by an underlying medical condition, then treatment for that condition would probably be covered. And in some cases (e.g. hair loss after chemotherapy) the cost of a hairpiece is recognised for your out-patient claim, but it's best to check the specific details of this with VHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

contact them and ask is the easiest way to find out.

they may in certain circumstances and will be able to explain to you what these are and what you plan covers

Advertisement