Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to be in Ireland for 2 months, help me out :)

• 01-10-2010 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Ok, so I am going to be leaving for Dublin,Ireland on March 1st, maybe a few days before that and won't be leaving Dublin til May. SOOOOOO, for anyone that lives in Dublin, could you give me a good Idea of where to go, what to do?? Odd question maybe, but what are good bars and clubs to go to. Please, don't say anything in temple bar, I have heard about staying away from there if I don't want to spend alot of money drinks and be surrounded by tourist. I'm just looking to go for the experience of a different culture and such, just want to have alot of fun and such. What are places I should stay away from ect... you get the idea. So make a list of bars/clubs for me and other fun things to do. I'm not big into the touring thing so, I just like to mingle with people alot. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

SOOOOOO, for anyone that lives in Dublin, could you give me a good Idea of where to go

Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Galway.

Galway or Cork anywhere bar Dublin!...even better idea,get off the plane in Lanzarote or somewhere where you wont freeze your ass off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

pics or gtfo :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cavan, mad spot altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Americangirl1

Well when I mean something to do, I mean in Dublin, I'm not sure about traveling around Ireland. Unless I get a free ride there and back, lol. Just stuff to do in dublin is nice. A place where I can meet and mingle with people. lol

and what do you mean pics or GTFO...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

+ 1 for Galway, its good fun and is located on the West coast of Ireland, loads of sites to see and more pubs then you could possibly imagine (= good nightlife). It also is located close to some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. Dublin is good fun but is very expensive.

I don't think you will get the type of responses you are hoping for on this part of the site (its mainly for smartass threads and comments) so try the following:

Dublin Forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

Travel Forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=547

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I'm just looking to go for the experience of a different culture and such, just want to have alot of fun and such. What are places I should stay away from ect... you get the idea. So make a list of bars/clubs for me and other fun things to do. I'm not big into the touring thing so, I just like to mingle with people alot. Thanks :)

Galway is the best bet my dear, trust me - kilkenny isnt bad either - very arty tho but if you did feel like seeing a few things theres plenty there, but for the nightlife, people and craic...Galway and only Galway.

I wish I lived in Galway :(

+ 1 for Galway, its good fun and is located on the West coast of Ireland, loads of sites to see and more pubs then you could possibly imagine (= good nightlife). It also is located close to some of the most beautiful scenery in the country. Dublin is good fun but is very expensive.

I don't think you will get the type of responses you are hoping for on this part of the site (its mainly for smartass threads and comments) so try the following:

Dublin Forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

Travel Forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=547

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Ahh your so nice:D

ashblag wrote: »
    Ahh your so nice:D
    can't be scaring people away, just be glad I didn't break out the tin whistle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Guinness Hop Store tour
    Trinity College
    Dublin Literary Pub Craw http://www.dublinpubcrawl.com/
    Take a trip out to Howth on the Dart.
    Bewleys Cafe do good Theatre events.
    http://bewleys.com/bewleys-grafton-street-cafe/bewleys-theatre.

As for meeting people, if you are by yourself, Dublin is like any other city imo, hard to meet people.

• Advertisement

can't be scaring people away, just be glad I didn't break out the tin whistle

Ya big softy ya:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The only place you ever need in Dublin - Coppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I don't want to spend alot of money drinks and be surrounded by tourist. I'm just looking to go for the experience of a different culture and such :)

You can experience "third world" living in many places, you don't have to go to Ireland.

old_aussie wrote: »
    You can experience "third world" living in many places, you don't have to go to Ireland.
    Or hang out with the convicts down under and challenge them to a game of knifey spoony.

Or hang out with the convicts down under and challenge them to a game of knifey spoony.

HAHAHA, well said.
    old_aussie wrote: »

Yes, but Ireland has been number one on my list for a long long long time. Why would you even tell me that, when I'm already set for going to Ireland anyways, I know where I want to go, and the culture may not be that different, but I still want to experience it. I heard people are lovely there and that it's an awesome place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

HAHAHA, well said.

Yes, but Ireland has been number one on my list for a long long long time. Why would you even tell me that, when I'm already set for going to Ireland anyways, I know where I want to go, and the culture may not be that different, but I still want to experience it. I heard people are lovely there and that it's an awesome place to go.

Make sure you spend a truckload of money when you come here, we need it ;) oh and tell all your friends to come over.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Make sure you spend a truckload of money when you come here, we need it ;) oh and tell all your friends to come over.

HA, if all my friends weren't married and/or have kids, Im sure they would be delighted to go, but since they choose a different path at a young age, well I'd say they don't have the money to go. And there all in college, busy life, lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

HA, if all my friends weren't married and/or have kids, Im sure they would be delighted to go, but since they choose a different path at a young age, well I'd say they don't have the money to go. And there all in college, busy life, lol :P
    Are you hot?

Are you hot?

What the heck kind of question is that???

• Advertisement

lol, welcome to After Hours

Have a look around and try not to be too scared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Back in the days of the Celtic Tiger when were 'the sh*t', those entering the country were required to fill that out on their immigration card.

Alas, due to these recessionary times, such tight controls have had to be relaxed. A little too much some might say :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Galway.
    + 1 for Galway..
    ashblag wrote: »
    Galway or Cork anywhere bar Dublin!
    ardinn wrote: »
    Galway is the best bet my dear, trust me ..

Don't pay much attention to these posters, they are just thinking if they say that Dublin is not a nice place, that more tourists will visit their counties that are not fairing to well right now.

Temple Bar is not great in fairness, but there are a few nice restaurants like the Boxty House.

These users come from parts of Ireland were the only tourists they get now, are those looking for leprechauns and pots of gold, the type who want to buy Kiss Me I'm Irish t-shirts and don't mind getting ripped off at the same time :)

Galway and the west in general is really not what it portrays itself to be in the media and postcards and the like. They don't even have a fresh water supply and some parts of Ireland even want to water to be pumped direct from Dublin rather than source their from their own regions.

The Galway people insisted on cooking with the water as it was being treated with chemicals and in the end many of them started to suffer from mental disorders, indeed we are still suffering from the fallout of that up to this very day. Why, just this very week a Galway based man drove to Dublin in a cement truck and tried to smash through the gates of what is the equivalent of your White House.

Oh I don't know, anyway Galway is not the place for tourists like yourself, that's for sure, nor any tourists really that wish to see the real Ireland.

I can tell from your post that you are looking for a a genuine Irish experience and not one where you will feel like you are on the set of Darby O'Gill and The Little People and be treated to the usual 'be gosh and be gorah, top of the morin to ya there ma lady' etc etc.

Here are some wonderful parts of Dublin that will steal your heart, be easy on your pocket and have you writing home and telling your family that you may never return :)

Howth

Dalkey

Killiney

Dublin Mountains

Glencullen

Skerries

Portmarnock

St Stephen's Green

Clontarf / Bull Island

Malahide Castle

Tallaght

I hope that helps and that you enjoy your stay here and be sure and update this thread next year and let us know how you get on.

Pete

Dublin Tourist Board

^^^ fockin' jackeens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Austerity

Ok, so I am going to be leaving for Dublin,Ireland on March 1st, maybe a few days before that and won't be leaving Dublin til May. SOOOOOO, for anyone that lives in Dublin, could you give me a good Idea of where to go, what to do?? Odd question maybe, but what are good bars and clubs to go to. Please, don't say anything in temple bar, I have heard about staying away from there if I don't want to spend alot of money drinks and be surrounded by tourist. I'm just looking to go for the experience of a different culture and such, just want to have alot of fun and such. What are places I should stay away from ect... you get the idea. So make a list of bars/clubs for me and other fun things to do. I'm not big into the touring thing so, I just like to mingle with people alot. Thanks :)
    Everywhere I've been in Ireland sucks ass, the weather sucks, the people suck and everything is overpriced. My advice is don't go to Ireland.

OutlawPete's right. Why risk stabbing, shootings and possible AIDS-ridden-syringe-wielding junkie muggings when you could hazard drinking dirty water... if you ended up travelling to 2007? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

What are places I should stay away from

After hours...
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    As for meeting people, if you are by yourself, Dublin is like any other city imo, hard to meet people.

That's crazy talk! I've travelled all over Europe and 90% of places I went I met some really cool people. Ya just have to have the liathroidí to actually talk to people.

Americangirl. There's plenty to see around Ireland, including Dublin & Galway, they are the 2 best cities by a long shot but Kilkenny is trailing along in a distant third.

As for the budget thing, make some friends here and good chance they'll hit the road with you and show you around a bit if they can. I'm always up for a roadtrip, so ya can hop in my van and I can show you lots of lovely places. Including the famous Dublin landmark of viewpoint!
    (viewpoint entirely depending on how hot you are as has previously been asked.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Well when I mean something to do, I mean in Dublin, I'm not sure about traveling around Ireland. Unless I get a free ride there and back, lol. Just stuff to do in dublin is nice. A place where I can meet and mingle with people. lol

and what do you mean pics or GTFO...
    Just treat the river like the Berlin wall and you'll be fine. North of the Liffy is like an ancient war torn city, south is a utopia of coolness.

The people are better looking as well.

Oh, it may be a good idea not to ask anyone for a free ride in Ireland, unless you really like them that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Kilkenny is good but Dublin is tops.

McGowan's, Copper's, Flannery's and O'Neill's are all good enough.

And yes I am a culchie.

• Advertisement

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Don't pay much attention to these posters, they are just thinking if they say that Dublin is not a nice place, that more tourists will visit their counties that are not fairing to well right now.

Temple Bar is not great in fairness, but there are a few nice restaurants like the Boxty House.

These users come from parts of Ireland were the only tourists they get now, are those looking for leprechauns and pots of gold, the type who want to buy Kiss Me I'm Irish t-shirts and don't mind getting ripped off at the same time :)

Galway and the west in general is really not what it portrays itself to be in the media and postcards and the like. They don't even have a fresh water supply and some parts of Ireland even want to water to be pumped direct from Dublin rather than source their from their own regions.

The Galway people insisted on cooking with the water as it was being treated with chemicals and in the end many of them started to suffer from mental disorders, indeed we are still suffering from the fallout of that up to this very day. Why, just this very week a Galway based man drove to Dublin in a cement truck and tried to smash through the gates of what is the equivalent of your White House.

Oh I don't know, anyway Galway is not the place for tourists like yourself, that's for sure, nor any tourists really that wish to see the real Ireland.

I can tell from your post that you are looking for a a genuine Irish experience and not one where you will feel like you are on the set of Darby O'Gill and The Little People and be treated to the usual 'be gosh and be gorah, top of the morin to ya there ma lady' etc etc.

Here are some wonderful parts of Dublin that will steal your heart, be easy on your pocket and have you writing home and telling your family that you may never return :)

Howth

Dalkey

Killiney

Dublin Mountains

Glencullen

Skerries

Portmarnock

St Stephen's Green

Clontarf / Bull Island

Malahide Castle

Tallaght

I hope that helps and that you enjoy your stay here and be sure and update this thread next year and let us know how you get on.

Pete

Dublin Tourist Board

Wow, thanks for alot of the info. Helps alot!!
    NothingMan wrote: »
    After hours...

That's crazy talk! I've travelled all over Europe and 90% of places I went I met some really cool people. Ya just have to have the liathroidí to actually talk to people.

Americangirl. There's plenty to see around Ireland, including Dublin & Galway, they are the 2 best cities by a long shot but Kilkenny is trailing along in a distant third.

As for the budget thing, make some friends here and good chance they'll hit the road with you and show you around a bit if they can. I'm always up for a roadtrip, so ya can hop in my van and I can show you lots of lovely places. Including the famous Dublin landmark of viewpoint!
    (viewpoint entirely depending on how hot you are as has previously been asked.)

Ummm, thanks I guess. Why is everyone asking if I'm hot?? Is this how all Irish men are towards american women?? JK JK I have a pic on my profile ya know, thats why they have a album thing, so you can put pictures in it I imagine... lol

Well I did have some... Maybe it's not safe to put a pic up...ROFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

This thread should go well.

I was planning on watching the golf :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,881 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Why is everyone asking if I'm hot??

Hi, you posted in Afterhours, there is a whole jealousy thing going on with the capital... Try posting in the Dublin City Forum. You will find more knowledgeable people there.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

Kasabian wrote: »
    This thread should go well.

I was planning on watching the golf :D

What is that suppose to mean???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Wow, thanks for alot of the info. Helps alot!!

Ummm, thanks I guess. Why is everyone asking if I'm hot?? Is this how all Irish men are towards american women?? JK JK I have a pic on my profile ya know, thats why they have a album thing, so you can put pictures in it I imagine... lol

Well I did have some... Maybe it's not safe to put a pic up...ROFL

Women generally, you're posting on an internet message board. These people don't get out much (since the recession Stephen). Have a good time where ever you end up. My vote is Killarney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I have a pic on my profile ya know, thats why they have a album thing, so you can put pictures in it I imagine... lol

Profile page overload imminent
    SERVER CRASH

What is that suppose to mean???

Give it time it will become clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Then really, get out of Dublin the first chance you get.

Galway is a lovely city (and I'm from Kerry so I'm not being biased) but it doesn't matter too much, just get out of Dublin. I'd absolutely hate to think that you came all the way from America and your Irish experience was limited to the ****hole that is Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Galway is your best bet, I wouldn't bother with Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Serious anwser , spend as much time as you can in the West of ireland. The true Ireland. Stay out of the cities full of pretentious prats trying to be and sounding American. :pac:

I have a pic on my profile ya knowL

*Checks profile*

I'll be in my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Galway is great if you want to buy a package deal tweedle dee Ireland of faux culture, high prices and tourist pandering. Im a bit over Dublin but it beats Galway.

Also, the weather in Galway makes Dublin look like the Bahamas in summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I don't know why anyone would come to Ireland as a tourist - the place is crap, uncultured, crap, expensive, crap, lame, cold, crap and most of all crap.

Go to London, france, Prague, Poland. All better value for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Depending how old you are, you might want to check out some student nights. They're usually cheap-ish, not in Temple Bar and actual Irish people* go to them to "mingle".

*I know students aren't really people, but close enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I think you should do the touristy thing for the first week its all part of a city experience and helps you get your bearings!
    Temple bar is good yes it can be more expensive but its not a rip off and sometimes during the week can be the only place with a bit of atmosphere and if you have a few drinks before you go out (as is the style in these times) its not that much more expensive!

A lot of people told me that Dublin can be quite hard to get around due to 2 things

1 Street signs are a bit of a pain and not always there!

2 one street will completely change to another street without any hint of doing so!
    example your traveling down Nassau St in Dublin and then BAM your on Suffolk st and your all like WTF mate? what just happened? where am I? I think its time I went for a pint! (hit up O'Neills at the end of Suffolk St)

Speaking of pints and good pints!

rule of thumb is the ****tier looking the pub the better the pint of Guinness! its all a balance of trying not to get killed and getting a good pint! lol

Don't ever drink Guinness in a night club!

some of my favourite places to try are

Keoghs just off Grafton St on South Anne St - a real old fashioned pub that still has a schnug with a seperate entrance for the ladies (cuz thats how it was in those days!

The other side of Grafton st then you have Bruxells a mix of Regular bar/Indie/heavy Metal depending on what section you go into!

Sporting events hit Sinnotts at the top of Grafton st under the St Stephens Green shopping centre!

Keeping in the going South tradition is Harcourt St and a couple of good clubs are Dicey Rileys D2 and Copper face Jacks (ask any Irish person about Copper Face Jacks aka Slappers and you will see the face palm hear the groan see the smile (cuz theyve been there and pulled!) and hear the horror stories but again I say embrace the culture now matter how dirty it gets!

you'll find that youll get to know the pubs you like by trying them out if youve got two months, youve got plenty of time!

Things to see and do, again why not hit some of the touristy stuff, theyre touristy stuff for a reason! have a look at some of the tours!

And Don't be afraid to travel a little bit further a field

2 differences to remember while travelling Ireland vs North America

We're much much smaller than you when the guys said go to Galway its like just under 20 euro (by Bus) to get to Galway or Cork and takes roughly 3-4 hours

Hostels (if your a cheap and cheerful kind of person) can be cheap clean safe and quite basic and again cheap, I know hostels in the states are considered a no-no sometimes! but in Ireland and Europe you can be safe enough but do try and read some reviews online first!)

If thats still to far a field, take the local train called the DART (Dublin area rapid transit) to Howth - Malahide - Dun Laoghaire - Bray (about 40 mins in either direction)

Nice towns to see and some nice things to see (leave the Bray town jokes out please)

I think thats all for the moment

By judging from your pic in your gallery you are indeed hot and will in fact have no issues in Ireland ( and sure don't we all be lovin those pretty American Gurls)

and with keeping on the Irish cheese heres some culture shock
    Irish people don't pronounce their th's
    so its not three thirty three and a third
    (say the next part aloud)
    its tree tirty tree and a tird and tirsty tursday
    (look at you talking aloud to yourself youre getting the hang of it already!)

I spent a couple of Summers in Virginia, its the best experience of your life living in another country!
    So Jump in with your two feet in the deep end and enjoy every minute of it!

and sure you never know you may end up bumping into some of us in the pub and not even know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Doc_46

Austerity wrote: »
    Everywhere I've been in Ireland sucks ass, the weather sucks, the people suck and everything is overpriced. My advice is don't go to Ireland.

Mm..Well hopefully you've buggered back of to where ever it was ya came from!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

after hours response: i remember you from the 'would you like a threesome' thread and i insist you visit offaly...look me up...i'm big news down there...

on a serious note. galway's great, but donegal is one of my favourite places in ireland. you have to check out this place:

http://goireland.about.com/od/countydonegal/gr/slieve_league.htm

it is far and away the most beautiful part of ireland. the cliffs of moher in clare are worth a shot aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Ireland for 2 months is a fair amount of time - if you have enough money you should have plenty of time to see a whole lot and visit different parts of Ireland.

theres plenty to see in Dublin - but theres loads outside Dublin too, if you keep posting theres usually someone (in after house and other forums) ..... then when it comes to your time here you may have made "friends" and might be lucky enough to experience a boards.ie (after hours) drinking session

I'm sure there will be people out there who will offer to drive you to different parts of Ireland (they'll probably been working in Dublin and going home at the weekends) ... Personally I'm from Cork - but don't go home very often.

the scenery and "traditional" life is easier to find in the west of Ireland, people are friendlier and landscapes are in general better - but you will still find plenty of friendly people in Dublin and still plenty of scenic places.

places to visit outside Dublin ...Galway, Donegal, Kerry, Cork, Waterford, Kilkenny.....even small towns like Sligo can be good for a night out.....so pretty much anywhere.

I suppose it all depends on what you are into.... regards music, achitechture, pubbing, clubbing.

you could spend a day or two wandering the streets of Dublin.... visiting some of the traditional statues and monuments, buildings etc ..... see Ireland's oldest pub, Irelands smallest pub, Ireland's highest pub ...Dublin's Highest pub.(Johnny foxes pub - supposedly used by the IRA for meetings in the past)

Ireland is reasonably expensive - especially if you plan to live here for 2 months.... do you have a place to stay or are you planning on staying in hostels etc ... are you planning to work ?

Where in America are you coming from ? - I was on holidays there with my girlfriend over the summer - we managed to visit (Toronto, Niagara (ok they are Canada), San Francisco, Hawaii (Big Island), Maui, Las Vegas and New York)

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would come to Ireland as a tourist - the place is crap, uncultured, crap, expensive, crap, lame, cold, crap and most of all crap.

Go to London, france, Prague, Poland. All better value for money.

First off, my friends that have went to some of the places you listed said that Ireland was there favorite.

Second, I would really not like to go to France by myself, considering the men there are very sexually aggressive towards American women.

Third, well there is no third really, I'm just not as interested in those places as much as Ireland at the moment, another place I have considered in Germany, but thats because I have friends there.
    crazyderk wrote: »
    I think you should do the touristy thing for the first week its all part of a city experience and helps you get your bearings!
    Temple bar is good yes it can be more expensive but its not a rip off and sometimes during the week can be the only place with a bit of atmosphere and if you have a few drinks before you go out (as is the style in these times) its not that much more expensive!

A lot of people told me that Dublin can be quite hard to get around due to 2 things

1 Street signs are a bit of a pain and not always there!

2 one street will completely change to another street without any hint of doing so!
    example your traveling down Nassau St in Dublin and then BAM your on Suffolk st and your all like WTF mate? what just happened? where am I? I think its time I went for a pint! (hit up O'Neills at the end of Suffolk St)

Speaking of pints and good pints!

rule of thumb is the ****tier looking the pub the better the pint of Guinness! its all a balance of trying not to get killed and getting a good pint! lol

Don't ever drink Guinness in a night club!

some of my favourite places to try are

Keoghs just off Grafton St on South Anne St - a real old fashioned pub that still has a schnug with a seperate entrance for the ladies (cuz thats how it was in those days!

The other side of Grafton st then you have Bruxells a mix of Regular bar/Indie/heavy Metal depending on what section you go into!

Sporting events hit Sinnotts at the top of Grafton st under the St Stephens Green shopping centre!

Keeping in the going South tradition is Harcourt St and a couple of good clubs are Dicey Rileys D2 and Copper face Jacks (ask any Irish person about Copper Face Jacks aka Slappers and you will see the face palm hear the groan see the smile (cuz theyve been there and pulled!) and hear the horror stories but again I say embrace the culture now matter how dirty it gets!

you'll find that youll get to know the pubs you like by trying them out if youve got two months, youve got plenty of time!

Things to see and do, again why not hit some of the touristy stuff, theyre touristy stuff for a reason! have a look at some of the tours!

And Don't be afraid to travel a little bit further a field

2 differences to remember while travelling Ireland vs North America

We're much much smaller than you when the guys said go to Galway its like just under 20 euro (by Bus) to get to Galway or Cork and takes roughly 3-4 hours

Hostels (if your a cheap and cheerful kind of person) can be cheap clean safe and quite basic and again cheap, I know hostels in the states are considered a no-no sometimes! but in Ireland and Europe you can be safe enough but do try and read some reviews online first!)

If thats still to far a field, take the local train called the DART (Dublin area rapid transit) to Howth - Malahide - Dun Laoghaire - Bray (about 40 mins in either direction)

Nice towns to see and some nice things to see (leave the Bray town jokes out please)

I think thats all for the moment

By judging from your pic in your gallery you are indeed hot and will in fact have no issues in Ireland ( and sure don't we all be lovin those pretty American Gurls)

and with keeping on the Irish cheese heres some culture shock
    Irish people don't pronounce their th's
    so its not three thirty three and a third
    (say the next part aloud)
    its tree tirty tree and a tird and tirsty tursday
    (look at you talking aloud to yourself youre getting the hang of it already!)

I spent a couple of Summers in Virginia, its the best experience of your life living in another country!
    So Jump in with your two feet in the deep end and enjoy every minute of it!

and sure you never know you may end up bumping into some of us in the pub and not even know it!

Thanks for the info!!! And thanks for uhhh calling me hot, lol. I may need to take the pictures down.
    Anyways, I have met Irish people and know how they say thirty three, I also know that it's cute when they say it, lol. Which is why I have asked Irish men to say 33 or 23 alot, or even gorgeous. lol

I am going to be staying in a hostel more then likely.

And IM from Virginia, lol. Awesome you have been there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement