Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom Upgrade

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vikinghar

jay93 wrote: »
    you wont get speeds over 7mb anyways unless your on a ADSL 2+ exchange alot of exchanges in ireland like my own are only ASDL1 so can get a max of 7mb from exchange and whatever the lines can take then

Sorry Jay93, when I said "outage", I should have said my broadband does not work. Phone line yes, broadband NO! Thanks for the info, but can you recommend another supplier for the Letterkenny area. That may be more difficult than you think!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Smart do have ADSL2+ in Letterkenny, as it was one of the few towns that they unbundled.

Vikinghar, in Letterkenny, you would have more options than the rest of the county, including Smart (unbundled), Digiweb Metro (wireless), Irish Broadband (if it still exists), and then the rest like Eircom and various resellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Fri morning is a good time to call :) Just got off the phone with them myself, wont get 10mb down but that 640k up is worth the phonecall.

Is there an upload increase in this offer too ? Got the download increase but upload hasn't changed. 1.4mb dl a sec is fine. :D

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Vikinghar are you still experiencing issues or have you been in touch with customer care? I have contacted tech support and there are no outages in the area. If you are having problems can you PM me your details and if you wish a contact number and I will have a member of the team sort this out for you.

Thanks
    Marion

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

d22ontour wrote: »
    Is there an upload increase in this offer too ? Got the download increase but upload hasn't changed. 1.4mb dl a sec is fine. :D

d22ontour the upgrade packages include an upgrade increase, if you are eligable for the 10Mb or 24Mb increase then the new packages have increased uploads as well.

Thanks
    Marion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Unpredictable Prediction

Hey Marion,

how do I find out how far away the next node is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Just off the phone with Smart myself and my upgrade will be done by the morning...have to say i have never had any trouble with them,upc were a disaster years ago thats why i changed over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Hello Digiweb, I am in the process of shopping around for a new BB provider. I dont have a phone line at the moment so cant use the line checker. But was wondering are Smart in the Paulstown Co Kilkenny area Exchange?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

What a joke. It turns out that these new packages aren't available to Smart Vision Plus customers!!!!

So despite having a fibre optic cable right to my apartment building, with so called Next Generation Broadband and completely 100% Smart/Digiweb gear (Eircom aren't involved at all), we end up getting punished with crappy speeds and excessive prices.

The sales person just told me that they will be reviewing prices in the coming months, you have to be fecking kidding, it takes months?

There is nothing to it, you just change the products available, my modem can run at 12mb/1mb no problem, it did originally when Smart first introduced BB here, before they decided to cap it at 5mb/s

Come on Digiweb, please be fair to your most dependent customers.

And what is most annoying is we can't even get TV service from Smart anymore, just phone and BB, so the gear in our place is exactly the same as most other customers. They just haven't done the work to mark it as so in their systems :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheDane

In Park West we have Smart Vision which means that we all received the letter from Smart offering free upgrades of broadband connectivity. Only, because it is the SmartVision product we are on they are limiting us to 4 Mbps connection, and it has been that for years. And I am not even sure we can get other broadband providers unless we go wireless, which is not what I want (since it wont get a lot faster than 4Mbps anyway).

I have Smart Vision broadband and Telephone from Smart Telecom, and I pay roughly the same as the 5 Mbps users that got upgraded to 10 Mbps, only no upgrade due to the fact that we are locked in with Smart Vision and apparently this offering is not being invested in.

So I am one unhappy customer feeling in the hands of a monopolist,
    Cheers
    The Dane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Ah, these new upgrades must explain the brutal speeds I have been getting lately.

Used to get solid 14mb, no problems whatsoever for over a year.

Now you advertise speed upgrades and suddenly I dont get over 5mb.

Think you could make sure your backhaul can handle it before upgrading?

I moved away from Digiweb because you were next to useless. Pity I switched to Smart, it was great until you decided to take over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

Hi Marion,

I am currently on an old package (B/Band-Res-8M/400K), for nearly 3 years now.
    This costs me 51.86 per month.

Can I get the free upgrade to the new 10 Meg home value product for 39.95 per month?
    Is a reduction is cost ok?
    Would this require a new/extended contract?
    Would I get the free wireless modem?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement