Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden shed - repair or replace?

• 01-10-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

My garden shed took a bit of a hammering after The Big Freeze resulting in a number of warped boards. The most problematic are at the step up to the door, it's a kind of porch at the front and as a result, my door barely opens. Some of these boards are rotten now. The rest of shed is fine, I replaced the felt roof about 18months ago. It's dry inside. I would hate to have to go to expense and hassle of replacing it. Would it be possible to get a guy to replace the damaged parts?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

this is simple enough if u replaced the felt urself: can you post or link to any fotos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Cat_M wrote: »
    . Would it be possible to get a guy to replace the damaged parts?
    Yes it would or as Carlow52 says, you could DIY.
    It should be relatively easy to do. Certainly easier to repair than demolish, skip and purchase a replacement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Post some pics of what you have so we can get a better idea of whats the state of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cat_M

Heres a few pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Definately repair it, simple DIY on a Saturday afternoon.

Well worth painting shed also. Timber floor to porch has just rotted in wet conditions.
    Replace floorboards, maintain cross-ventilation under shed (prevent vermin entering by wiring over vent holes), plenty of years left in that shed.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

+1 Definitely repair it. Its in good shape, and its an easy fix

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cat_M

That's brilliant! Big thanks! Anything that saves a few euro is a help :) Have a heap of housy things needing to be done and trying to prioritise...

Advertisement