Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Activate Car Home app without a car dock

• 01-10-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭

Just downloaded Car Home from Google http://www.appbrain.com/app/car-home/com.google.android.carhomeand trying to get it to run but cant. I dont have a car dock so wondering if there is anyway to get it to run when the phone is not docked.
    I have read that the car dock has some kind of magnet in it that activates the Car Home app but is there a way around this? I have a car holder so maybe i need to stick a magnet to that ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

magnets + electronics = :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I did it another way. I have a bluetooth handsfree in the car and I bought and installed tasker which automatically starts car home whenever the phone connects to the handsfree kit.

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Just downloaded Car Home from Google http://www.appbrain.com/app/car-home/com.google.android.carhomeand trying to get it to run but cant. I dont have a car dock so wondering if there is anyway to get it to run when the phone is not docked.
    I have read that the car dock has some kind of magnet in it that activates the Car Home app but is there a way around this? I have a car holder so maybe i need to stick a magnet to that ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Is this different to the car panel? I have that from modaco and you just run it like a normal app. The screen doesn't sleep so the buttons are always visible.
    In the settings there is an option to open automatically when bt connects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I don't think it is a magnet, isn't it the cable that triggers it? Does it not show as a normal app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

ok looks like Car Home has been pulled from the market but I got the apk files here

You need to install the .....carhome-1.apk first and then the CarHomeLauncher apk they work a treat and the app launches on bluetooth connection etc only problem is the screen goes to sleep after the default 1 minute so if anyone can point me in the right direction to getting that fixed then I think we will be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

new version of Car Home for Android (Update: currently for Nexus One and Motorola Droid, only) :(
    looks like it not available for all Android phones but use the apk files and it will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

you can also try "custom car home" which is a free alternative and works quite well.
    tui0hcg wrote: »
    ok looks like Car Home has been pulled from the market but I got the apk files here

You need to install the .....carhome-1.apk first and then the CarHomeLauncher apk they work a treat and the app launches on bluetooth connection etc only problem is the screen goes to sleep after the default 1 minute so if anyone can point me in the right direction to getting that fixed then I think we will be there

Advertisement