Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on building a p.a. unit

Options
  • 01-10-2010 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I'm having problems getting a ready-made workstation/shelves/rack for my p.a. system, so I thought I'd try design on, but I've never done anything like this before so was hoping for some advice.

1. what would the best material to use be?

2. can I get the pieces to make this pre-cut to my specs?

3. what would the cost of building this come to (approx)

If anybody wants to give opinions or advice or suggestions it would be appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54473559@N06/5040769341/

Cheers5040769341

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

dont know about cost but I would use either good quality mdf or good quality ply, depends on the finish.[ I stress the need for good quality as there is loads of crap mdf and ply about
    Places like B and Q will cut to size for you as will other places: where are u based?

The how to make will depend on whether u need to be able to 'flat pack it for ease of movement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Carlow52 wrote: »
    dont know about cost but I would use either good quality mdf or good quality ply, depends on the finish.[ I stress the need for good quality as there is loads of crap mdf and ply about
    Places like B and Q will cut to size for you as will other places: where are u based?

The how to make will depend on whether u need to be able to 'flat pack it for ease of movement

I'm aroung dublin 5. once its made, it wont be coming apart (hopefully). would b+q cut out the windows at the back for cables too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I don't think B&Q are going to be able to sort you out on that score; any good timber merchants will cut to dimension but I think you'll have to go elsewhere for any slots/ cut-outs or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

ok lads, thanks for the advice

Advertisement