Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bic Vs. Cortez

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i have a cortez 7'10" its nice, light and fast, i can catch waves fairly handy on it but i should have went with a bic or at least a few sessions on a foamy to get my pop up down as its just that little bit faster and better then the same size bics that it makes just that much harder to start off

the bic will probably hold its value pretty well and in 4/5/6months you could sell it on to a mate who you have persuaded to join you on your surf trips

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

would probably buy the cortez, it would be better in the long run especially once you start improving i think. I have a bic but if i was starting out again I'd get a long board.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭lamai

I am a beginner also, 3 months. I use a mate's Bic while he is abroad. I would avoid these boards they are to slow and sluggish. I can turn it and get up on it, but I just find them slow and cumbersome. My mate has a Nsp which I used a bit. He left the water yesterday for a bit and I used his board, huge difference, board was far easier to turn, way faster and lighter. I actually fell off it a few times as I was not used to the speed. Bics are junk. Just glad I never bought one as I am bored with this one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fergal_d

IMHO dont get a bic. Cortez are a better board. I have a cortez flight 8.6ft

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭rolly1

thanks guys went for the cortez after, it's fairly light and fast , am happy with it

Cheers,
    R

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

Hope you get on well with the Cortez, and have better luck with it than a friend of mine who got one ( he has has lots of repairs to do to it and wished he got a Bic ,or some other board ).

Advertisement