Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Championship TT result..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

FFS SPOILERS IN TITLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for ruining it for all of us ... or maybe just me.

EDIT: I was waiting for the weekend to watch everything at once ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Sorry...! But I thought it was only stage races that had to have spoilers...?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It happened yesterday.

el tonto wrote: »
    It happened yesterday.
    and I still havent seen it because I work ...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Cut off point for spoilers is midnight on the day of the race.

• Advertisement

even in titles??? ... meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Fender76 wrote: »
    Sorry if its old news....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/uci-road-world-championships-cm/elite-men/results

I like Cancellara... looks like it was a fantastic ride... hope he's clean...

theres a world championships thread, we were all talking about it yesterday
    watched highlights on bbc red button last night

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056046218

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

even in titles??? ... meh!

My previous essay was a bit ambiguous:
    Don't post anything which hints at a recent race result in a non-stage specific thread. For instance: re-opening the Jens Voight thread with a link to Paris-Nice stage results, or creating a thread named "Vuelta stage win reported on RTE *Spoilers ahead*" which hints that an Irish rider has won.
    Regarding embargoes, I suggest that midnight is a memorable cut-off for the necessary use of spoiler tags. If you haven't seen a stage by midnight, just stay away from the internet.

...though I agree that midnight should be the cutoff for all spoilers.

That post should probably be merged into the Charter if it hasn't been already.

Well, sorry......!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

Fender76 wrote: »
    hope he's clean...

FFS less of this!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You are not alone Caroline - there are at least another two people who had yesterday's event spoilt by posters failing to put spoilers in the main thread

@Fender76 - you have nothing to apologise for, as you posted after the cutoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So who edited the thread title? Is that a mod-only option? I haven't been able to edit my own thread titles at all...

OP edited the thread, not us.

Sorry OP ... I didn't mean to have a go. :)

I edited the titile... didn't want to get lynched... :D

Sorry if I ruined anything for anyone...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

cdaly_ wrote: »
    So who edited the thread title? Is that a mod-only option? I haven't been able to edit my own thread titles at all...
    You can if you go into the advanced edit options - you have 48 hours (I think) to change anything in your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Just saw it now, brilliant stuff. The gf' seems to think I've a Cancellara man-crush :D

Advertisement