Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 6

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Good stuff from Madrid tonight. Maybe they're starting to gel, which given how mean their defence has been, is a frightening prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

5-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

mourinho_v_barca.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

5-1. Rodriguez for Deportivo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

6-1. Impressive victory for RM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ye obviously do not realise exactly how shíte Depor are this season. They are abysmal. Its a good work out for Real, that is all. Fair play and all that, its good for them to put a team to the sword but lets not make out that this is some sort of revelation tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

gimmick wrote: »
    Ye obviously do not realise exactly how shíte Depor are this season. They are abysmal. Its a good work out for Real, that is all. Fair play and all that, its good for them to put a team to the sword but lets not make out that this is some sort of revelation tonight.

You said it would be a dull match. Madrid won 6-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Where did anyone say they are now the best team in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

6 goals from a team thats been slated as needlessly cautious etc is nonetheless a good showing.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote: »
    You said it would be a dull match. Madrid won 6-1.

It was a dull match. It was a procession. There was no way that Depor would do anything. Though I certainly did not think Real would score that many.
    6 goals from a team thats been slated as needlessly cautious etc is nonetheless a good showing.

It was an excellent performance against a shíte team. Lets not build it up to be something it is not.

It might, however, be the game which propels them on.

I am not dismissing Real by any means, I never have. I think they will win the league this year and have said so the second Jose was appointed. It just will be a dirge.

redout wrote: »
    Masch hasnt looked a good signing at all.

He hasnt impressed my once to be honest.

Bojan 10 apps this season and not a goal to show.

Agree. He offers nothing in those types of games. He breaks up play well and had some nice mop ups last night but nothing more than Busquets/Keita would have done. He offers NOTHING going forward, though ironically he had two long range efforts last night late on so maybe he's trying to make himself more of an all rounder.

He'll be useful in the big games where he is needed to shut down danger men, but when you are looking to go out and really beat teams, he doesn't offer enough overall for me.

To be fair to him though, with Villa and Xavi out last night the team were always going to struggle to be as cohesive as usual (though they still played some lovely stuff) ....
    I would get over the lack of goals if he was playing well. But he has been a passenger everytime so far. FFS, I spent the summer defending him to the hilt, and this is he he repays my confidence :p

He hasn't been impressive at all IMO. His movement is good but he needs to hit the target and pull the trigger far more often. I also feel he needs to be stronger. He seems to struggle witht he physical attention he gets, which is understandable given his size, but if he wans to make it, he needs to adjust to that the same way that Messi and Villa do. I thought Nolito looked more threatening when he came on than Bojan had done all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Mascherano is just there to let the rest of the players do their thing. If you are hoping he's going to be a useful addition going forward you are sorely mistaken. He may pick up the odd goal and get the odd assist, but overall he is there to destroy. Then again, him playing like that is what lets you get the most out of the rest of the front 6, and your fullbacks two, who couldn't do **** going forward without Mascherano covering them.

PHB wrote: »
    Mascherano is just there to let the rest of the players do their thing. If you are hoping he's going to be a useful addition going forward you are sorely mistaken. He may pick up the odd goal and get the odd assist, but overall he is there to destroy. Then again, him playing like that is what lets you get the most out of the rest of the front 6, and your fullbacks two, who couldn't do **** going forward without Mascherano covering them.

Disagree. Busquets has managed this season to do everything you'd want from Mascherano in defence, as well as offer a little creativity going forward. If Mascherano wants to be any more than a squad rotation player then he will have to try to offer a bit more in the offensive department. Otherwise he will always be behind Busquets.

I actually think it was only Liverpool fans who thought Mascherano was being bought as first choice. Maybe Masch himself as well. One way or other, the DM position belongs to Busquets because he is simply a far better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally, I don't think there's anyone in the world who can match Mascherano in the purely defensive player. In the Inter game last year, Mascherano would have been utterly invaluable, that's where he earns his money.

• Advertisement

Which is a fair point, but he has to be able to add something else to his game as well. In a team like Barcelona where they will regularly have 65% + of the possession I cannot see what use Mascherano is. Last night for example he may as well have not been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

i know this isn't in the right place but if someone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction
    Sunday 7th November Real Madrid play Atletico Madrid according to fixtures - how do I find out if its definetly on that day? Has the TV people got their hands on it yet to change it?
    Thanks

Fixtures are not set until 10 days beforehand. Daft and all as it is, thats how they proceed all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Fixtures are not set until 10 days beforehand. Daft and all as it is, thats how they proceed all the time.
    thanks - strange way of doing things. I might be over there at that time and I wanted to see about tickets in advance.

Getting tickets for Atletico and Real will set you back a rathr large sum unless you have contacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

BTW is there no La Liga General thread?

Good news for Valencia, and bad news, im not open to talk of a ground share thats archaic.
    Valencia have reduced their debt by €150 million after selling three of the club's star players.

David Villa

AP

David Villa was sold to Barcelona this summer

Club president Manuel Llorente says the debt stood at €550 million last summer and, following the sales of David Villa, David Silva and Carlos Marchena, it has now come down to around €400 million.

"In the summer 2009, this number was at €550 million and now this is reduced," Llorente said. "It is necessary to follow our trajectory in all the aspects."

Llorente recently said Valencia, currently top of La Liga, would not be looking to sell any more players to bring the debt down further.

Valencia have invested €150 million in the construction of a new 75,000-capacity stadium, but the debt has stalled progress. Llorente recently said that he would be open to the prospect of a ground share if another club was willing to co-fund the project.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=830183&sec=europe&cc=5739&cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    i know this isn't in the right place but if someone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction
    Sunday 7th November Real Madrid play Atletico Madrid according to fixtures - how do I find out if its definetly on that day? Has the TV people got their hands on it yet to change it?
    Thanks

Atletico are away to Rosenborg on Thursday 4th so the madrid derby will almost certainly be on Sunday 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I think with Valencia is part of the problem that they are finding it hard to sell the Mestalla did i read somewhere? I know the Mestalla is an old stadium so they probably have no choice but to move soon but its a shame, the Mestalla is a stadium that has always had a great atmosphere, it will be hard to replicate it in a new modern statium.

At least they are going in the right direction. Also i must say that for under €5 million Adruiz is looking like an absolute bargain, called up to the Spain squad now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

BTW is there no La Liga General thread?

Good news for Valencia, and bad news, im not open to talk of a ground share thats archaic.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=830183&sec=europe&cc=5739&cc=5739

La Liga 2010/11 Thread

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956022

Post #51 is about Valencia too, its worth a read.

Advertisement