Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryder Cup on satellite anywhere ?

• 01-10-2010 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

Astra1 or Hotbird please ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

This is probably of no use to you but other people might be interested in this feed on 37.5 West, with thanks to Satelliweb. In 4:2:2 strong signal in Dundalk on AzBox 1.1 meter dish. 8PSK 1/2 Pilot on. Channel name Bristol Encoder 8 for ESPN HD no audio.

Fréquence: 12584 - Pol: V - SR: 29270 - FEC: -

Catégorie: Sport - Golf

Transmis en: MPEG-2 4:2:2

Infos: ETG: The Ryder Cup (dvb-s2,hdtv)@37.5W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

This is probably of no use to you but other people might be interested in this feed on 37.5 West, with thanks to Satelliweb. In 4:2:2 strong signal in Dundalk on AzBox 1.1 meter dish. 8PSK 1/2 Pilot on. Channel name Bristol Encoder 8 for ESPN HD no audio.

Fréquence: 12584 - Pol: V - SR: 29270 - FEC: -

Catégorie: Sport - Golf

Transmis en: MPEG-2 4:2:2

Infos: ETG: The Ryder Cup (dvb-s2,hdtv)@37.5W

Ahhh----4:4:2 does my head in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

4 4 2 you're thinking of another sport.

Get an AzBox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Feed:
    Intelsat 905 (24.5°W) Frequency: 10959 - Pol: H - SR: 1600 - FEC: 3/4 Category: Sport - Golf Transmitted in: MPEG-2 4:2:0 (PAL) Comments: ryder cup

Also shown on:
    Canal+Spain
    Canal+France
    Canal+Golf Espana
    Golf+Klub Serbia
    Sky Sport 2 (also on HD) Italy
    Polsat Sport
    Nova Sports Cz

Source: liveonsat.com

When the rain stops...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

4 4 2 you're thinking of another sport.

Get an AzBox.

Well, 2 DM800s and a DM500 doesn't leave me much cash to change anytime soon. I know I can get 4:2:2 running the DM through vlc but it's not too realiable.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I watched it last year on the NBC feeds on 15 west Telstar, check out NBC's coverage for details (But beware adverts every 10 minutes)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I am planning on buying a dreambox soon, can they handle 4:2:2 feeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Stinicker wrote: »

No.The Azbox can though but it's not a receiver for the masses as it takes a lot of effort to keep it running smoothly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

change the audio to DOS on Canal+Golf and you get the Sky Sports Commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Pal wrote: »
    change the audio to DOS on Canal+Golf and you get the Sky Sports Commentary

shame its not HD! Sky Germany has good english HD coverage with little adverts. Nova sports cz brilliant HD picture English commentry but very broken up commentry due to other sports being broadcast.

Sky sports UK, to many adverts and i notice a lot of their coverage is pre recorded due to adds (Look at the clocks a lot of shots are 3-5 minutes old)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

snaps wrote: »
    shame its not HD! Sky Germany has good english HD coverage with little adverts. Nova sports cz brilliant HD picture English commentry but very broken up commentry due to other sports being broadcast.

Sky sports UK, to many adverts and i notice a lot of their coverage is pre recorded due to adds (Look at the clocks a lot of shots are 3-5 minutes old)

Sky UK are always behind in there output for Golf - I always watch it on the International feed because of this....

The ads are US like too on 28e:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Stinicker wrote: »

You can stream it to your PC which will work.

Advertisement