Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2011 Review is in!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Heh... IGN giving PES a 9/10.... makes me remember the controversy of PES2008 review on IGN with IGN being in the game ;)

Id wait and see what other sites say about it first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Saying that tho, out of the 2 demo's PES seemed that bit better. Well that's probably down to the fact you could play a 10 minute game on PES but only 2 for Fifa. Still think i'll have Fifa 11 before the day is out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

6/10 in Games TM magazine, 7/10 in Eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

6/10 in Edge magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,537 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

getting some poor reviews from the major mags. Online reviews look very good. PESfan big fans of it (unsurprising) GodisaGeek loved it (loved FIFA too - both games got a 9)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Eurogamer gave it 7, but it got a good review if you read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I really want to get PES, I've never missed it.

But I'm going to wait a week or two after it is released to see what people think.

And if it is still only getting 6/10 then I might... convert... to... Fifa :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Where's the cheapest place to buy PES 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Doesn't look good for Pes does it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So whos getting it?Im very tempted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'll be getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I love this PES so will be getting it. Eurogamer pointed out the most 'frustrating' flaw in the new PES, which was quite evident in the demo, but which I can live with because this PES as a whole is an outstanding game

"Perhaps most frustrating though is that shot after shot bounces back off the keeper or flies wide when the goal is gaping and you're manifestly directing your shot on target. The animation doesn't help in these situations either - the difference between what results in a fierce shot on target and a looping no-hoper that wafts away to the corner flag is too hard to gauge. It feels as though Konami built the free-flowing passing system first and then ratcheted up the difficulty of actually scoring to compensate for the imbalance it created."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are liverpool and utd still the only 2 teams in the premier league they have licenses or are they adding more this yr?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

It's getting an average score of 82/100 on metacritic so far. http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/pro-evolution-soccer-2011

Are liverpool and utd still the only 2 teams in the premier league they have licenses or are they adding more this yr?
    Details of the licences on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I'll definitly be getting it when it's released, hopefully early, but can't see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tombiman wrote: »
    I'll definitly be getting it when it's released, hopefully early, but can't see that happening.

The old Thursday evening trawl through the game shops asking if it can be bought. Wasn't planning on getting it this week but as the day of release draws closer I am being lured into purchasing it because the prospect of playing the demo on the scale of the full game is just so appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'll be getting no matter what the reviews say. I've bought PES every year it has been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Will end up buying it anyway so might aswell buy it opening day. Got it last year on the Friday for something like €35 or €40 in tesco so hopefully they will be doing the same offer again. I know last week they had FIFA for €40 in tesco on the Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cosmo1985

Story lads,

I got on Friday, baught an E.U copy of E-bay and it expressed deliverd here, cost €75, well worth the extra cash to quickly.

Just want to warn everyone, buy an option file straight away. The transfer situation is a joke, the most up to date is Joey Cole to Liverpool, but after that, nothing done. Also, some of the default jerseys are a joke, Seville in purple???

The Edit options are amazing, you can insert commentry, so i down loads champion saying P/L teams and then amended his commentry so that he says Everton.By the way, BEglin is dreadfull on it

The M/L has been revamped and im not sure if i like it yet. In order to mix up the divisions, you have to go to edit mode and manage leauges, then ix up the divisiions, however, the divisions stay mixed in the regular game, so AC milan be in the EPL. Once you start the M/L, you can go back to edit and reset the leauges to default, so its not that bad, but alot of fiddling around.

If your a PES fan you will loe it, loads of little touches that make it great1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Cosmo1985 wrote: »
    Story lads,

I got on Friday, baught an E.U copy of E-bay and it expressed deliverd here, cost €75, well worth the extra cash to quickly.

Just want to warn everyone, buy an option file straight away. The transfer situation is a joke, the most up to date is Joey Cole to Liverpool, but after that, nothing done. Also, some of the default jerseys are a joke, Seville in purple???

The Edit options are amazing, you can insert commentry, so i down loads champion saying P/L teams and then amended his commentry so that he says Everton.By the way, BEglin is dreadfull on it

The M/L has been revamped and im not sure if i like it yet. In order to mix up the divisions, you have to go to edit mode and manage leauges, then ix up the divisiions, however, the divisions stay mixed in the regular game, so AC milan be in the EPL. Once you start the M/L, you can go back to edit and reset the leauges to default, so its not that bad, but alot of fiddling around.

If your a PES fan you will loe it, loads of little touches that make it great1

Hang on, what? You get option files free.

My favourite place is pesedit.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cosmo1985

My apologies KOHD, I meant download not but, my mistake.

im playing away and loving it, very additive.

Have a couple of gripes, though, firstly, ball can kind of bounce of people and players take a while to get it under control in those situations. When this happens in around a gropu pf players, the it kind of ricosheas off everyone and is frustrating.

The master league revamped, not sure if I like it or hate it.
    Its a little fidley with a fair amount of options, great for kids with a bit of time, but all i did was play matches and transfers.

To start, you cant alter the leagues temas at the start of the season. You have to go to edit mode and then change league make up. Problem with this , is that once you change the league set up here, they get jumbled in different game modes, so say you want to put Milan in division 1 (P.L), you swap them with Arsenal, and in master league the swap takes place, but then in friendly mode, Arsenal appear in Serie A and Milan in P.L. All i did was align the leagues how i wanted them for M.L, saved the m/l and then retuned to edit and set the league structures to default to unjumble everything. Not a major problem, but if its not broken, dotn fix it!

You can start with a default group of players, which I like, but if you don't pick a team that start in division 2, you start in the top league, so watch out. It can be pain picking teams, I picked Milan and started in division 2. But cause i picked Milan i automatically was entered in the champo league. Also, i had €60 million to spend on players. I know it sounds great but untrue to Pes roots, the long slog of building a team and earning cash is part of the overall enjoyment of the M/L. That has always been fundemtal to the roots of Iss, so it seems a bit easy with the changes.

You now start a few weeks before the start of the season, so you can get in a few players in before the league kicks off. If you have picked default players, most of the original teams players are free agents section, so you can sign them for nothing that said, they rarely agree to join. What i do like, ifs that at your club you have a panel of youth team players, who are actually decent, one of the defenders is an 80 rating and the a midfielder a 75, you can bring these through to the first team, nice touch.

After starting with Milan and realizing i had such a massive budget, could sign Pato etc for nothing, was playing in champ league even though I was in div 2 with default players, I ended up quitting and restarting as Boca with default player in div 2 and am chasing the dream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

Cosmo1985 wrote: »
    Story lads,

I got on Friday, baught an E.U copy of E-bay and it expressed deliverd here, cost €75

Went to Game in Spain, €62.90 for PES 2011! I thought ireland was dear, just gonna get it in Tesco for €35 on Friday.
    Fifa 11 was €72!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Will it be easy to get option files for the XBOX 360 this year, i remember last year you needed to purchase some wire to connect the 360 to laptop to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mayflyatr

Lookinig forward to getting PES 11 on Friday. Just trying to work out where will be the cheapest place to buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Who cares about reviews when you can play the demo! Think I'm in the same boat as cosmo when it comes to the master league, I'm just interested in playing games and signing players.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,537 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

johnn wrote: »
    Will it be easy to get option files for the XBOX 360 this year, i remember last year you needed to purchase some wire to connect the 360 to laptop to do it.

you can do option files with just a USB stick this time around. It isn't as easy as plugging it in though.

There is an Option file being made - details here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=240740712812&v=photos

In order to use the OF, you need a USB stick and you need to do the following (having formatted the USB stick to work with the 360)

1] Download Slashr's USB Xplorer from here

2] Extract it from the zip file to your desktop.

3] Download the option file of your choosing from PESGaming.com, I have tested both D&C Pro 10 Elite Tapas FULL ENGLISH and JON'S Option File and both worked with this method.

4]Extract the folder to your desktop.

5] Open up USB Xplorer, you should get the below screen:

16iy0ef.jpg

6]Press file and Open Device, you should get something come up in the white box that says "0. {dir}content". Double click this and then you should see a folder called something like {dir}E00007FB5AB1185FF. yours wont be exactly the same but it will be similar.

7] Double click that folder and then you should see another folder called something like {dir}4b4e0801. It is possible you will have more than one folder so try one if the data i mention below is not there it should be in the other.

8]Once double clicking on that folder you will have a folder called {dir}00000001. Double click again.

9] This should then display all of your current PES files. It should look alike below:

vi6gw.jpg

10] Delete your current PES2010_EDIT.bin file and any files named something like PES2010_UNIFORM001.bin.

11] Open up the folder of the option file you downloaded from PESGaming.com, you should bin files called PES2010_EDIT.bin and PES2010_UNIFORM001.bin upto something like PES2010_UNIFORM200.bin. This is the boring bit. Copy each .bin over by pressing Inject on the USB Xplorer and opening the file. You have to do it single file by single file, which took me about 10 minutes to do.

12]Once you have done that in USB Xplorer your USB's data should have a long list of all the files you injected into the USB. At this point what I did was copy the folder i downloaded from PESGaming to another location to back it up. Then I deleted every file in the original folder to make sure they were not in use, this confirms they have been transferred to the USB.

13] Remove your USB close USB Xplorer, then insert the USB again and re open the Xplorer. Follow steps 5 to 9 again and check the files you injected still show up, just to confirm they are all on the USB.

14] Remove the USB and insert into your Xbox 360. Boot up PES2010 and when it gets to the screen you choose your memory, choose the USB. go to exhibition and check all the logos are there. NOTE: Shirt sponsors wont show up yet for some reason. But they will in a moment...

15]If it looks okay go back to the dashboard of your xbox and navigate to memory. copy over the PES2010 game file from your USB to the Xbox 360's hard drive. Then boot PES2010 again. Your shirts should now all have sponsors on and look like the real shirts your favourite teams play in!
    http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=77468[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Mark26 wrote: »

that's unreal! love the EPL logos for the leagues too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Mark26 wrote: »

Is it just me or this option file not available to download yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

It's looking good alright. Anyone here who got the game last night, what do ye think of it so far?? Is there any big noticeable differences from the demo?

Advertisement