Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2011 Review is in!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/wenb-pes2011-option-file-is-here/

urgh. Option file doesn't work for retail copies :(

not yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 45,537 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Played 6 CL games last night.

Found it quite different to the demos - a lot harder to pass and create chances imo.

Won 4 games, lost one, and drew one. Scored 6 goals in total. A couple of nice ones too.

Biggest issue I have so far is the defending - can't get to grips with it at all, players are breezing past me cause I am doing it wrong. Will take a while to learn it i reckon. Haven't got to grips with the tricks either. Don't a couple of nice things, but nothing awesome and perfect for the situation, more just showboating - cause I don't know what each flick does yet.

Still, it certainly looks interesting and plays ok so far. I reckon once I learn how to play it better that I will love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

For defending, I usually just hold square, that allows for a second man to just run for the ball and barge in. It does take a player out of position though.

The Master League is great. Only had time to play one game, and beat Chelsea 1-0 with Arsenal. Arshavin 90th minute. :D

The gameplay is much faster than the demo I think, but the speed can be brought down by going to system settings during the match.

Overall, I'm very happy with it, and I think Konami have stepped in the right direction with this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Tombiman wrote: »
    For defending, I usually just hold square, that allows for a second man to just run for the ball and barge in. It does take a player out of position though.

The Master League is great. Only had time to play one game, and beat Chelsea 1-0 with Arsenal. Arshavin 90th minute. :D

The gameplay is much faster than the demo I think, but the speed can be brought down by going to system settings during the match.

Overall, I'm very happy with it, and I think Konami have stepped in the right direction with this game.

I played a few games last night. First game (as it is every year) Arsenal vs Spurs, I won 1 nil, Arshavin scored a cracker from outside of the box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Have any of ye tried the playing online yet?? How is that preforming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

s_carnage wrote: »

Played one game against someone in UK lastnight. Bit of lag here n there and generally a bit slower than playing the computer.
    Disappointing really as I have top notch broadband and every other game is class most of the time.

Overall I think the game is OK so far. Will have to master it before passing true judgement on it.

Taking longer to get used to it than usual new PES's as it's pretty radical compared to previous versions.

Referee is still a blind wanker who gives frees for great tackles!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

s_carnage wrote: »

played 2 games online last night. It was better than previous years, tiny tiny bit of lag, but the 2 people i was playing against had red connections. It didnt ruin the game tho, but iit deffo wasnt as smooth as offline

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

I generally give it a few weeks to upload an option file. They're generally works in progress for the first few weeks. Couldn't be bothered loading up a few different ones, prob just wait for the finished article, see which one is best etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 danny275

WENB option file is guesstimated to be out on Monday or Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

flugel wrote: »
    I generally give it a few weeks to upload an option file. They're generally works in progress for the first few weeks. Couldn't be bothered loading up a few different ones, prob just wait for the finished article, see which one is best etc

Ya it's not a bad idea in fairness. Then when you do upload the option file it's like a brand spanking new game!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just picked up my PES2011 copy at lunchtime there in Gamestop! Looking forward to a few games tonight...traded in FIFA10 and KillZone 2 - only got about €6 for both...

Now all I need is the UK version WENB Option file which is supposed to be ready for next Monday\Tuesday. Come on PES"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just got it at lunch time. I have played 2 games online. Looks very good so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Playing since 11am this morning. Have to say I'm bitterly dissapointed. I think the controls and player reactions are so different from the norm for PES. I know the game evolves every year and it takes a while to get use to the changes but they've something really strange this year. That signature PES sharpness or feel or whatever it is is gone.:mad:

I never bother my arse with Fifa but......actually forget that, I'll go back to 2010 for my footie fix. Anyone know what the latest option file for 2010 is?

Looks like I'll be trading this for GT5 in November.:mad:

Anyone else feel like this? I'm actually really upset...:p:D

Can anyone tell me how I can listen to my own music in PES2011? I heard that it is possible....is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'd like to pick it up at some point, but I'll hold off until I get a few questions answered :)

Is there a button to trigger a player to make a forward run (such as LB/L1 in FIFA)? What the camera angle like, is it stuck in the middle of the pitch, or can you revert to a more traditional one? Whats the online master league mode like?

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I'd like to pick it up at some point, but I'll hold off until I get a few questions answered :)

Is there a button to trigger a player to make a forward run (such as LB/L1 in FIFA)? What the camera angle like, is it stuck in the middle of the pitch, or can you revert to a more traditional one? Whats the online master league mode like?

Yes, you can press R2 after passing to make the player continue a run.There is a whole range of camera options, whatever the normal one is is fine (think its called normal long).Havent tried the online master league mode.

My further 2 cents after about 12 or so games, first start off with the old arguments:

1)Refs are still very erratic

2)Goalkeepers are so dodgy, not so much on pass backs as was the case in previous games, but the bloosy amount of ****s they parry out is ridiculous! no matter what power/direction is on the **** he just seems to fall over and parry it out.

3)I think the change player button (L1) is less responsive than it used to be which is annoying.

4)The passing is alot better, alot more challenging but alot better

5)Players seem to make more intellgent runs

6)More difficult to score but you can get some nice ones when you do (not including parry outs from the keeper)

7)you can whip in some lovely crosses

all in all i think its more challenging which is better but there is still some frustrating parts to it

and oh yeah bring back Lawro!!!

and oh yeah bring back Lawro!!!

don't even joke about that

Can anyone tell me how I can listen to my own music in PES2011? I heard that it is possible....is it?

I hope you use a PS3 because that's what I'm explaining. :D

Just have some music saved to your hard drive.

In the game go to System Settings > Playlist editor. Then go to 'Add music'.

Click on 'User Library' to see all the songs on your hard drive. Then select which song you want and which mode you would like to hear it in. (It helps to create playlists from the XMB screen, just so you can find your favourite music easier). :)

I just had a game online, and the edited strips load! :D No need for me to play as 'North London' anymore, the Arsenal name, emblem and strip all loaded!

Won 2-1 so my rating is 509.

Also Become a Legend is great. You get to hire your own agent to deal with your negotiations, and the manager speaks to you before a game, just to recommend what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can anyone explain how the Competitions work in Master League Online?

I see that you can play in quick matches or join a competition that starts at a certain time. How do you play all your league fixtures?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 danny275

WENB OF will be out tonight :D

Probably 2 hours :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

why is masherano still with liverpool?also meirless or konchecky (sp?) hope they release an update to sort this.

why is masherano still with liverpool?also meirless or konchecky (sp?) hope they release an update to sort this.

The update is coming on the 12th October.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The update is coming on the 12th October.

well thats good to know.

How do you change your attack/defense level on the fly in PES 2011?

In every other PES game it was easy, just a combination of the shoulder buttons. I can't figure it out in the new 'gameplan' screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Could someone give a small review please lol

Just used the UK option file....God I love this game!

danny275 wrote: »
    WENB OF will be out tonight :D

Probably 2 hours :D

It's here now. :D

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/uk-wenb-of-released/
    How do you change your attack/defense level on the fly in PES 2011?

In every other PES game it was easy, just a combination of the shoulder buttons. I can't figure it out in the new 'gameplan' screens.

You hold select now and change it using the right shoulder buttons. :)

Same with changing tactics. Use select and X, O, square, or triangle triangle. (PS3 buttons).

Tombiman wrote: »

You hold select now and change it using the right shoulder buttons. :)

Same with changing tactics. Use select and X, O, square, or triangle triangle. (PS3 buttons).

Thanks. I guess I should have read the manual.

Roar wrote: »
    don't even joke about that

what! who could for get quality lines like:

"he was like a cow ina field there, didnt know what to do when he got the ball"

and

"Call himself a keeper, he couldn't keep bees"

and all the other lines starting with "i tell you what...."

classic

• Advertisement

what! who could for get quality lines like:

"he was like a cow ina field there, didnt know what to do when he got the ball"

and

"Call himself a keeper, he couldn't keep bees"

and all the other lines starting with "i tell you what...."

classic

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT LA LA LA LA LA LA NOT LISTENING

Advertisement