Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing word document from a librarys computer?

• 01-10-2010 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

Im hoping someone here might be able to help me. I need to print a word document from a librarys computer. To do this the only way is to have it as an attachment in an email address. Doing it this way and by going into my email i can view it on the computer and now i need to print it. i have pressed print but only one page is 'printed' and its blank. any ideas. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There is a portable version of OpenOffice, maybe this could be of use to you if the library doesn't have an anti-memory-stick policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    There is a portable version of OpenOffice, maybe this could be of use to you if the library doesn't have an anti-memory-stick policy.

Oh i wish i knew what you were talking about. I dont know all that much about computers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If the library allow you to put a USB memory stick in their PCs, there is a version of OpenOffice, a free replacement of MS Office, that will run from the stick, instead of having to be installed on the PC, which the library almost certainly won't allow.

Have a look here

I hope that explains it better !

Advertisement