Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Street View and Daft.ie

Options
  • 01-10-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

With the advent of Google Street View you can now get a panoramic view of your property. I think estates are only covered in the cities.
    Excellent feature, gives you an idea of the property, and its surroundings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, that was my first thought with Street View available. Makes it much easier to get an idea of the area too and deciding if a place is worth viewing or not in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

It'll be when we get the much-vaunted official property price actual-sale database mashed up with StreetView that we'll be really cookin' with gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Just zoomed to within 5 steps of my front door, and I'm in a small, off-main road cul de sac. Astonishing technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You really expect estate agents to select exactly where a property is on a map? They're far too highly trained to do that type of work....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

astrofool wrote: »
    You really expect estate agents to select exactly where a property is on a map? They're far too highly trained to do that type of work....

They do tend to take a photo of the exterior of the property though and with some detective work it should be fairly easy to work out the property in question ;)

Loving the street view!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Bing maps 'birds eye' view, is also useful as you can get a look at the back of the house. Pity we couldnt get all the maps combined into one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

apparently somewhere on some street in Stillorgan there are two guys mooning on it - all over the radio today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    apparently somewhere on some street in Stillorgan there are two guys mooning on it - all over the radio today.

http://www.webuser.co.uk/websites/online-fun-blog/websites/501703/street-view-censors-mooning-irishmen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

one thing i've noticed from this new google viewing mechanism is that a lot of the photos seem to be 2009. One place I know of is completely different to what is shown for 2009 which could affect peoples perception of the area.
    The place I'm referring to is in a development.
    But great job overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭futonic

i wonder how often they will update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

marathont wrote: »
    Bing maps 'birds eye' view, is also useful as you can get a look at the back of the house. Pity we couldnt get all the maps combined into one.

Google "satellite" view does the same mode (if available)
    You can see all on maps.google.com (sat,street view and map view)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

The bonus with this is time.

No more time wasted going out to see a place and realize then that the neighbours are in on top of ya or there a slatted shed next door..

So long dodgy estate agent photographs:rolleyes:

Advertisement