Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 - The O2 - 14 december

Options
  • 01-10-2010 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on MCD's facebook: Deadmau5 has just announced a date at The O2, Dublin on 14 December with special guest DJ’s Calvin Harris and Steve Aoki. On sale Friday 8 October at 9am

Im guessing tickets will be about €50? Might go to this myself if I can get a few people to go with me. Steve aoki was really good live when I saw him at oxegen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Tickets €49.20 :eek: Bang in the middle of most college exams so dunno how well it will sell. Mad how he's gone from playing the Academy to the O2 in the space of a year though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

A tuesday night what are they thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

This is gonna be some night, will be interesting to see how it sells.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

€50 for a ticket ?????? it was like 20 for him in tripod and then 35 or something for the olympia and now 50 for him in the 02??? whats going on , i liek the chap and steve aoiki but wouldnt pay 50 ??the support is great but i doubt it will attract loads of people , i know of most people that like steve aoiki but hate deadmau5 so i dont know

Mr.S wrote: »
    well individually you'd be paying 20e+ for each of the acts own good, so its not that much of a crazy price.

last time i seen steve for a tener?? couldnt really care about calvin that much to be honest, atleast steve mixes it up when he dj's unlike Calvin , he has the same old technique

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Has some great songs. I'd say I'll be going to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I would in my f*ck pay over 20e to see Deadmau5. God that mouse hat is a money spinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

My mate just e-mailed me about this, I'll be going.

The price will put a lot of people off and Deadmau5 haters gonna hate, but you'd pay between 20-25 to see Deadmau5 or Calvin Harris individually anywhere except at a college event so €50 for the three of them is a reasonable enough price.

Also of course Deadmau5 tickets are going to start getting more expensive as he gets more famous, it's a fairly basic principle of supply and demand. I'm sure people saw Muse for a tenner back in the day too.

steve aoiki is much bigger than calvin harris in the dj'ing world:P but calvin is bigger in the mainstream world tho !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

If Magnetic Man were supporting... Now that I might be interested in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smcclelland

You guys know if this is an over 16s or over 18s gig?
    Thinking about coming down to this from Belfast and I'm not gona risk it unless I'm 100% getting in.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joeys94

You guys know if this is an over 16s or over 18s gig?
    Thinking about coming down to this from Belfast and I'm not gona risk it unless I'm 100% getting in.

Thanks.

I dont know what the age is but at his gig in the olympia in May there was loads of confusion over the age but it ended up bein 16+. Would well pay 50 yoyo's... as long as he plays a bit longer than his last gig here :)

Joeys94 wrote: »
    I dont know what the age is but at his gig in the olympia in May there was loads of confusion over the age but it ended up bein 16+. Would well pay 50 yoyo's... as long as he plays a bit longer than his last gig here :)

Surely if it's 16 in the Olympia it'l not be any higher for the O2. He's doin gigs in Manchester Central etc and they're 16+ so I'd be surprised and f'ing gutted if it was 18+ here! :)

Anyway if alls good i'l be heading down to dublin for a couple of days.

i say it will be 18's since its the o2 now

A V A wrote: »
    i say it will be 18's since its the o2 now

Any idea what age restrictions there were with Tiesto when he came to the o2?

ye it was 18's i think !!!:rolleyes::)

A V A wrote: »
    ye it was 18's i think !!!:rolleyes::)

:(

Really don't get that well. Deadmau5 is playing in some rougher places in england and it's 16+ so the O2 should get it sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kid.cassidy

The O2 won't ask for id once you don't look 13 there cool like that............And for those who wonder why the tickets are 50 euro :)

You should all know if your into electronic music that he is now number 1 international dj in the world and also best electro house music award to i will defo be payin 50 euro as he is an amazing producer and his visual show is unreal

so see you all on the dancefloor:cool:

ye they really dont care !!!! if you dont look young they dont even take a second look at ye !!

I have a feelin it will be a 16's anyway, most of the crowd in the olympia were young so ther the ones the moneys comin from !

• Advertisement

i oersonally dont think it will be 18's they have step every thing up, the price , the venue , the artists

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

The O2 won't ask for id once you don't look 13 there cool like that............And for those who wonder why the tickets are 50 euro :)

You should all know if your into electronic music that he is now number 1 international dj in the world and also best electro house music award to i will defo be payin 50 euro as he is an amazing producer and his visual show is unreal

so see you all on the dancefloor:cool:
    I wouldnt say hes the number 1 electronic dj atm, but hes the most commercial one atm yeah. But seriously, people going to this, be prepared for absouloute mayhem and unreal moshing when steve aoki blasts out "warp 1977"

Just a heads up :P

Not interested in calvin harris really. Hope steve aoki is on after him (he should be).

Deadmau5 playing out "Strobe" in the sound system the O2 has should be epic though.

hahahaha iv seen beetroots so many times now i know what to expect!!!!!!!!

i just said to me self that steve aoiki plays like hard electro etc but deadmau5 plays kind of house music a bit , i say there will be a difference in the crowd a tad bit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

be prepared for absouloute mayhem and unreal moshing when steve aoki blasts out "warp 1977"

God if is Steve Aoki still milking that track and playing it twice in all his sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

really looking forward to this, seen him in amnesia in ibiza coming up on 2 weeks ago, put on a great show, the place was jammers! id imagine the top section of seats will be closed off with them giant curtains, cant see the whole place being open, they wouldnt sell 14000 tickets i dont think.

Its 16's...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Saw him 2 years ago at EP and he was in one of the tents, little big tent I think.
    Last year he played the Ambassador and UCD.
    This year he's suddenly called a 'Superstar DJ' by the O2 text I received in relation to this gig.
    I have a little policy to never ever go to a DJ who's known to be a superstar DJ...it will only end in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Voytech

Does anyone know why at 02blueroom.ie the best available seats are in section A only? I checked all sections in the middle and nothing. Is section A only available for priority and rest of sections will be available on normal date of sale (Friday 08/10/10)? Any of you have experience in that area with previous gigs?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Saw him 2 years ago at EP and he was in one of the tents, little big tent I think.
    Last year he played the Ambassador and UCD.
    This year he's suddenly called a 'Superstar DJ' by the O2 text I received in relation to this gig.
    I have a little policy to never ever go to a DJ who's known to be a superstar DJ...it will only end in tears.

It's almost like as he became more well known and started winning awards that the record companies realised he was more marketable to the mainstream. Weird...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Frisbee wrote: »
    It's almost like as he became more well known and started winning awards that the record companies realised he was more marketable to the mainstream. Weird...

something tells me if a DJ goes around with a mouse head on it sounds like he knows pretty well how to market himself without the help from any record company.

Advertisement