Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 - The O2 - 14 december

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GrahamH220

Can't wait for this! Anybody know if i stick around after the gig i might be able to get a photo with the legde? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paul2508

sooooooooooooooo looking forward to this , deadmau5 is making a huge name for himself fast , im a big tiesto fan myself and loved his last gig in the o2 and must admit deadmau5 is really growing on me and dying to see what he bangs out....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

be warned, hes starting to play a fair bit of dubstep in his sets these days, killed the atmosphere at his gig in ibiza, all was well when he went back to his regualr stuff!

I personally dont mind dubstep but no one was feeling it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Connie Bah

I'm a huge Deadmau5 and Aoki fan so I'll definitely be getting my ticket on Friday. I was even going to go to his Glasgow show, that's how much I want to see him. I think 50 euro is a great price, I'd pay twice that to see him live.. He puts on a serious show and I hope he brings the Cube :D

Aoki absolutely tore sh*t up at Oxegen. Warp 1.9 had the place going mental! I even got to touch him and scream in the mic when he came down to the crowd :cool:

Big Calvin Harris fan too :) Guessing he'll be on first to get the crowd warmed up. Should be an great night! See you there! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Connie Bah wrote: »
    I'm a huge Deadmau5 and Aoki fan so I'll definitely be getting my ticket on Friday. I was even going to go to his Glasgow show, that's how much I want to see him. I think 50 euro is a great price, I'd pay twice that to see him live.. He puts on a serious show and I hope he brings the Cube :D

Aoki absolutely tore sh*t up at Oxegen. Warp 1.9 had the place going mental! I even got to touch him and scream in the mic when he came down to the crowd :cool:

Big Calvin Harris fan too :) Guessing he'll be on first to get the crowd warmed up. Should be an great night! See you there! :D
    That was Warp 1977. Warp 1.9 is the bloody beetroot's original version. I much prefer Warp 1977.

Not a big fan of calvin, but id say he will be on after Aoki, undeservedly.
    be warned, hes starting to play a fair bit of dubstep in his sets these days, killed the atmosphere at his gig in ibiza, all was well when he went back to his regualr stuff!

I personally dont mind dubstep but no one was feeling it at the time.
    Dubstep is great, if used at the right time. Deadmau5 should take some tips from Jack Beats as to when to use dubstep. Im guessing the dubstep he used was stuff like magnetic man :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

Not a big fan of calvin, but id say he will be on after Aoki, undeservedly.

Why? Steve Aoki can't mix to save his life and has no idea how to build a set he just throws on heavy song after heavy song while jumping around and shouting into the microphone. Plus he barely has any releases of his own mostly just "feat Steve Aoki" which means more unnecessary shouting and the ones he has released are mediocore at best. Sure he has his trendy little record label and has a bit of a following but he's nothing special. Calvin Harris although I admittedly wouldn't be a fan I've seen one of his sets and he can mix fine, knows how to judge a crowd and what songs to play in that situation and also has a larger fan base in Ireland that he's built up himself over the last few years. I don't think it would be undeserving at all for him to be on after Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got my ticket yesterday so really looking forward to this now. Also on Calvin Harris, I'm hoping it will be a DJ Set he plays rather than his usual stuff. His usual stuff is grand but will be very different to what's on before/after him.

Calvin Harris DJ Set >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Calvin Harris Studio Stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Why? Steve Aoki can't mix to save his life and has no idea how to build a set he just throws on heavy song after heavy song while jumping around and shouting into the microphone. Plus he barely has any releases of his own mostly just "feat Steve Aoki" which means more unnecessary shouting and the ones he has released are mediocore at best. Sure he has his trendy little record label and has a bit of a following but he's nothing special. Calvin Harris although I admittedly wouldn't be a fan I've seen one of his sets and he can mix fine, knows how to judge a crowd and what songs to play in that situation and also has a larger fan base in Ireland that he's built up himself over the last few years. I don't think it would be undeserving at all for him to be on after Steve
    Well, ive never seen a clavin harris DJ set, but I have seen him live at oxegen this year and it was a pretty good gig, but I do think Aoki should be on after him, but Aoki's live sets are great craic and he puts a fair bit of energy into them.

Sure the screaming in the mic can get a bit annoying after a while, and yeah he doesn't make the best of tracks apart from the odd decent track but thats beside the point as he plays lots of other peoples tracks when he djs obviously, but still, his gigs are crazy. And in fairness ive never noticed a problem with his mixing and beat matching and I don't think anyone in the crowd will be too bothered either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

emmmmm steve aoiki is a beast of a dj :P he can mix and he does have his own mixes , i have about 20/30 of his songs , and they are good

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Connie Bah

That was Warp 1977. Warp 1.9 is the bloody beetroot's original version. I much prefer Warp 1977.

He played both...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Riddickcule

Alright lads I'm hoping to get tickets for this tomorrow, what are the chances of it being sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Alright lads I'm hoping to get tickets for this tomorrow, what are the chances of it being sold out?

Minimal I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Yeah I got my tickets yesterday, absolutly dying for this!

Gonna be a huge knacker fest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Mahogany wrote: »
    Yeah I got my tickets yesterday, absolutly dying for this!

Gonna be a huge knacker fest though.

Harsh statement.... it's not only knackers who listen to this type of music!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

haha yeah I suppose there is no denying that after all!

not sold out yet and its under 16's accompanied by an adult :eek: wasnt expecting that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Can't believe it hasn't sold out yet I know so many people going to this. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Mahogany wrote: »
    Can't believe it hasn't sold out yet I know so many people going to this. :eek:
    It took him a while to sell out the Olympia a few months ago which has a capacity of under 2,000, the O2 has a 14,000 capacity so it'll be another another while before it sells out, if it even does. Also with the gig being on a Tuesday and in the middle of a lot of college exams won't help ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

very doubtful it will sell it in fairness, still gona be epic:D

the top deck of seats isnt open, just the lower section, even at that id say itll be handy getting tickets right up to it. Im going but in no rush to get a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

df1985 wrote: »
    the top deck of seats isnt open, just the lower section, even at that id say itll be handy getting tickets right up to it. Im going but in no rush to get a ticket.

You sure about that? So what the capacity of the O2 then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

I tried ticketmaster online there, looks like standing tickets are sold out!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 vinniew09

well thats ****e i ws lookin forward 2 seeing him...cnt see much people who like his stuff sitting down for it ah well at least i can say i ws chatting away to the mouse after a gig and hes an absolute head case

I take back what i said, standing seems to be gone already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

****ttt standing tickets sold out...was waiting til i got paid to get one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Didn't expect standing to sell out that quick, lucky I decided to get my ticket early :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 razbee

hey just heard standing tickets are all sold out? seated tickets all thats left, they hardly expect people to sit at a rave? would it be easy to get from the seated area to standing area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Spud_Monkeyy

I'd kill for a standing ticket myself.
    Anyone knows of any sellers contact me xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

razbee wrote: »
    hey just heard standing tickets are all sold out? seated tickets all thats left, they hardly expect people to sit at a rave? would it be easy to get from the seated area to standing area ?
    Thats what i was thinking aswell,surely all the areas are interconnected so i pressume it wud be easy enough to get into the standing section?

• Advertisement

whats the difference between standing and seating at a gig like this ??? you'll be standing up in the o2 when your in the sitting section ?? the view is still good so you wont be missing much and plus you'l get to see the light show and stage set up so much better

Advertisement