Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 - The O2 - 14 december

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

thats just like saying lady gaga wouldnt have her full set up and same with u2's setup , its his actuall concert in a arena he's not going to just turn up to a top standard arena and not have his trade mark cube !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

He will have the cube, people are just pointing out he has been doing these "unhooked" shows where he didnt have the full set up, as its hard to ship it around in time for all the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

real sad rite now, cant find standing tickets for me and my mates,
    anyone know would it be possible to get into standing area with a seating ticket?:confused:

and will there be any tickets for sale closer to the date? cheers lads

scratch that lads,
    my mates and i decided we'd rather be in the seating area than missing the gig altogether so i got 4 tickets a few hours ago..whoohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jhughes51

alright so im not going to be able to go to this due to exams which is beyond brutal.. anybody know of anything similar to this coming up? dubstep, techno, anything that will have a decent rave scene someone please let me know.

Skream ( the god of dubstep imo) is playing @ the button factory withing the next few weeks. would of went but im not from dublin meself and cant be bothered with all hassle with travelling, staying over etc.

the next big thing is oxegen i think. although we mite get chase & status doing a gig with their new album tour in early 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

For anyone who wants to dress up like Deadmau5 on the night, you could get some tips from this guy: http://vimeo.com/16520938

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jhughes51

Skream ( the god of dubstep imo) is playing @ the button factory withing the next few weeks. would of went but im not from dublin meself and cant be bothered with all hassle with travelling, staying over etc.

the next big thing is oxegen i think. although we mite get chase & status doing a gig with their new album tour in early 2011.

sounds brilliant skream is deadly. cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

jhughes51 wrote: »
    alright so im not going to be able to go to this due to exams which is beyond brutal.. anybody know of anything similar to this coming up? dubstep, techno, anything that will have a decent rave scene someone please let me know.

Underworld, Tiga and Carte Blanche (DJ Mehdi & Riton), Benga (one third of Magnetic Man, Skream too), Dave Clarke abd Booka Shade are all on their way over soon as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

JJ wrote: »
    For anyone who wants to dress up like Deadmau5 on the night, you could get some tips from this guy: http://vimeo.com/16520938

This was mine from a fancy dress birthday party. Eyes lit up and everything. unfortunately i couldnt get a plastic ball large enough so using paper mache limited the mouth opening size and obviously the strength of the head. would love to bring it to the gig but it barely survived the party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ado Glass

For anyone interested.

Stage Times

Al Gibs 6:30 - 7:00
    Calvin Harris 7:00 - 8:00
    Steve Aoki 8:00 - 9:00
    Deadmau5 9:00 - 11:00

Theres less than 300 Seating Tickets Left! And it was mentioned earlier in the thread, for anyone coming expectin all his hits, hes been playin Alot of Dubstep (great imo) but might b unexpected for some! He rocked Cream in Ibiza, even with a blown Amp!! Gonna be bangin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Joeys94

Ado Glass wrote: »
    For anyone interested.

Stage Times

Al Gibs 6:30 - 7:00
    Calvin Harris 7:00 - 8:00
    Steve Aoki 8:00 - 9:00
    Deadmau5 9:00 - 11:00

Theres less than 300 Seating Tickets Left! And it was mentioned earlier in the thread, for anyone coming expectin all his hits, hes been playin Alot of Dubstep (great imo) but might b unexpected for some! He rocked Cream in Ibiza, even with a blown Amp!! Gonna be bangin!

Are you sure they are the stage times? Because Deadmau5 only usually plays sets of 1:30 and that would make it 10:30 and that would be very early for the whole gig to finish up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ado Glass

Joeys94 wrote: »
    Are you sure they are the stage times? Because Deadmau5 only usually plays sets of 1:30 and that would make it 10:30 and that would be very early for the whole gig to finish up?

Yeah for sure. Reliable source. At Cream the stage times were Chris Lake 1-3, deadmau5 3-5, & Michael Woods 5-7. Its a longer set i noticed meself, id seen him in spirit, belfast & oylmpia & your right, it was 1hr 30min, but his new sets kinda have an hr of dubstep/new stuff then 2nd hr standard set tunes from For Lack n Random Album! Lets hope its the 2hr Set! :-)

You can never be too sure tho as always!

Ado Glass wrote: »
    Yeah for sure. Reliable source. At Cream the stage times were Chris Lake 1-3, deadmau5 3-5, & Michael Woods 5-7. Its a longer set i noticed meself, id seen him in spirit, belfast & oylmpia & your right, it was 1hr 30min, but his new sets kinda have an hr of dubstep/new stuff then 2nd hr standard set tunes from For Lack n Random Album! Lets hope its the 2hr Set! :-)

You can never be too sure tho as always!

Ok Cool cheers... yeah lets hope its even longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Leavers

Anyone know what are the chances of trading up a seating ticket for a standing ticket with a tout outside the O2?

I expect the seating ticket would have to be supplemented with cash?

as were getting closer to the date now standing tickets are starting to pop up from people who cant go due to work/college etc. got mine sorted tonight, glad i didnt go for seating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

df1985 wrote: »
    as were getting closer to the date now standing tickets are starting to pop up from people who cant go due to work/college etc. got mine sorted tonight, glad i didnt go for seating.

Where'd you get yours? I'd kill for one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

donedeal and toutless have loads,know a few from college who cant go now over exams

df1985 wrote: »

I actually got mine through facebook, theres an event listing for the gig on it and people are advertising tickets.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=152612644779720

Careful, think some people are bull****ting on there, i got lucky anways.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Connie Bah

You guys know there were standing tickets added a 2 or 3 days ago? My friend got one. They're sold out again I'm sure

Got a standing ticket there from a lad on the event page on facebook. 75 bucks bit pricey? Just wondering what ye'd be willing to pay? I'm obv gonna buy it form him, just wondering

• Advertisement

Got a standing ticket there from a lad on the event page on facebook. 75 bucks bit pricey? Just wondering what ye'd be willing to pay? I'm obv gonna buy it form him, just wondering

A mate of mine got a standing today for 40quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 SonicC

These are the set times posted on MCD

DOORS 6.30PM
    AL GIBBS 6.35PM
    STEVE AOKI 7.10PM
    CALVIN HARRIS 8.15PM
    DEADMAU5 9.30PM
    *times subject to change

SonicC wrote: »
    These are the set times posted on MCD

DOORS 6.30PM
    AL GIBBS 6.35PM
    STEVE AOKI 7.10PM
    CALVIN HARRIS 8.15PM
    DEADMAU5 9.30PM
    *times subject to change

Aoki should defo be on on after Harris!!

yea steve aoki is by far more energetic than calvin harris, hope this is only a mixup..see ye there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maggiemoo21

something like 12,000 tickets sold out!! hes massive! on a more important note, is anyone heading southbound after? to bray or greystones or around there!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Davexirl

No ****in way just printing out my tickets and notice it says section STAND, Number G2, I bought standing tickets no way would I buy seating tickets for a concert. I bought these first day released. Would I be able to get into the standing area handy enough in o2???

yea, any word of getting into standing from seating?

pretty hard to get down if you dont know someone. standing and seated sections use different entrances and are kept apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Davexirl wrote: »
    No ****in way just printing out my tickets and notice it says section STAND, Number G2, I bought standing tickets no way would I buy seating tickets for a concert. I bought these first day released. Would I be able to get into the standing area handy enough in o2???

Realised the same myself!

Presuming STAND refers to 'Standing'? Would say SEAT or TIERED for seated tickets. Can anyone with a standing ticket confirm this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Thanks! Was worrying a bit there

Advertisement