Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 - The O2 - 14 december

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Anyone know if there'll be a pit for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Just wondering, whats the story with bringing drink into the o2?

Prefer ta bring in a bottle of coke and vodka then pay the prices for a beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Bah looks like I got fooled into "buying" a ticket on adverts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Just wondering, whats the story with bringing drink into the o2?

Prefer ta bring in a bottle of coke and vodka then pay the prices for a beer?

could always try sneak it in but im not really sure how much they search you :confused: on the website it says your not allowed bring in drink so i pressume you get searched

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

have none of yee been in the o2 before?? dreading what the crowd is gonna be like......

no pit, no drink allowed to be brought in, wasnt searched ever before though so can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Its just that when we went prodigy, we were patted down beforehand , but going to blink they didn't, maybe in the sock? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

df1985 wrote: »
    have none of yee been in the o2 before?? dreading what the crowd is gonna be like......

no pit, no drink allowed to be brought in, wasnt searched ever before though so can be done.

Was at Arcade Fire last week, they were searching most people becuase everyone had big coats on ( it was so cold). Full pat down searches, they wouldn't even let me bring in a bottle of coke, unless you have it in the line. You can't bring any bottles inside even with the cap off.

was at kings of leon saturday, no searches at all. dont ever remember being searched at other gigs in the o2. probably will be searches tomorrow considering the its a dance gig.

df1985 wrote: »
    was at kings of leon saturday, no searches at all. dont ever remember being searched at other gigs in the o2. probably will be searches tomorrow considering the its a dance gig.

I was heading in when most people were inside already first supprt was done , I might still try bring something. Not too sure yet.

I'd say they'll be searching most people. Looks like a lot of the crowd will be drinking. Hopefully they do so I can get a good spot while everyone's at the bar.

• Advertisement

Rumours that Calvin Harris has pulled out because of food poisoning..

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rumours that Calvin Harris has pulled out because of food poisoning..

Says he has it on twitter. Nothing about him not doing the show. Hopefully he makes it.. or else they'll just have to get someone better. Won't be too bad if he doesn't do a set.

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Says he has it on twitter. Nothing about him not doing the show. Hopefully he makes it.. or else they'll just have to get someone better. Won't be too bad if he doesn't do a set.

Most likely will just mean Steve Aoki will have a longer set.

Most likely will just mean Steve Aoki will have a longer set.

Or maybe Skrillex will play? That would be awesome.

Heading to Dublin now for @Deadmau5 show; I am supporting with @Steveaoki

From Calvin Harris' twitter.
    :(

seanbmc wrote: »
    Or maybe Skrillex will play? That would be awesome.

Pretty sure he is in LA. But that would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

WHAT A GOOD NIGHT!! Steve aoki was unreal, Calvin Harris even better but deadmau5 just killed it. Too bad the ****ty security wont lem him out to sign stuff after the gig. Still a good night. o2 staff very arrogant with young people, i mean im not a scumbag and defo wasnt dressed like one but was treated as if i didnt pay 60 quid for a ticket and tried to sneak in or something =D . met a load of legends at it though =P as per usual people were passing out all over the place. steve aoki crowd surfing was class. one two woop woop! hope to see all them at oxegen now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Brilliant night, few eejits here and there but overall was epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Was the gig sold out?

Yeah he came out to sign stuff and was told to go back in, I manged to see him for all about 10 seconds. He made a Facebook post about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Too many yoked-out-of-there-mallete kids having ****ing panic attacks(I know I know, but this time around it was really the majority), disasterous baby girls crying into their handfuls of sick and culchies/d4s who think theyre dancing to the saw doctors jumping on one leg clapping out of sync to the beat.

Deadmau5's set was pretty good I'll give him that but that crowd was just unbelievable, it was like they just strolled down from the DART station in clontarf on there way back from Suttonians disco!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Id say there was lots of "woop there it is"-ing by the crowd :rolleyes:

in fairness didnt hear woop there it is more than maybe twice and even at that it was just a few tits doing it.

Crowd was messy/young overall but people round me were older/sound. I always get a laugh out of 17/18 yr old skanger lads walking round thinking theyre hard-cringeworthy.or snorting their low quality talcon powder in clear view and then "losing it" for a few seconds.....

Deadmau5 set was good,the dubstep got some funny reactions from the kiddies.......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Great gig. Deadmau5 fcuking killed it.

The crowd halved the enjoyment factor though.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Great gig. Deadmau5 fcuking killed it.

The crowd halved the enjoyment factor though.

True, most people didn't know how to dance to dubstep, was cringe.

Was a shame that the closer you got the more topless skangers there were.

Was a shame that the closer you got the more topless skangers there were.

The people around me seemed to be dancing pretty good to it, it's cool to see how the crowd move when a dubstep song comes on.

seanbmc wrote: »
    The people around me seemed to be dancing pretty good to it, it's cool to see how the crowd move when a dubstep song comes on.

Most people around me were just jumping randomly, had to learn 'em some moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

People were looking at me and me mate dancing to it as if we were freaks, us being proper dub heads they didn't know what was going on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

In fairness Dubstep isn't a genre of music that's easy to dance to,especially if your not into the scene

I had a great aul night anyway. I was surprised how good it was in the seating section, there was plenty of room to get up and dance about and looking down on the crowd was unbelievable. The crowd were fairly young/scummy but I didn't see any aggro at all, that's the beauty of mdma I suppose.

I was a bit disappointed he didn't play Not exactly or Arguru though, either one of them tunes would have blown the roof off the place

• Advertisement

Horse_box wrote: »
    In fairness Dubstep isn't a genre of music that's easy to dance to,especially if your not into the scene

I had a great aul night anyway. I was surprised how good it was in the seating section, there was plenty of room to get up and dance about and looking down on the crowd was unbelievable. The crowd were fairly young/scummy but I didn't see any aggro at all, that's the beauty of mdma I suppose.

I was a bit disappointed he didn't play Not exactly or Arguru though, either one of them tunes would have blown the roof off the place

Downstairs was still unreal though.

Advertisement