Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 - The O2 - 14 december

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Was on the barrier right in between the cube and dj set ups until after deadmau5's first song. The amount of arseholes at that gig was crazy. So many fights and people acting like ****ing hardmen.

Was a great gig though! Got a kick in the face from Aoki.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Insane night, feltthe crowd were young, but everyone was mainly sound out! Cept for a few eejits, it seemed like everyone went to just enjoy themselves.

Who gives a S*** howsomeone is dancing, I kno for a fact that I wasn't dancing just so I looked like I was brill.. Just doing my thing like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Lukker- wrote: »
    True, most people didn't know how to dance to dubstep, was cringe.

Was a shame that the closer you got the more topless skangers there were.

There's etiquette for dancing to dubstep?!
    Get real :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Some of the people there didn't know any of the songs, it was hilarious watching em.

Looking at the people on drugs doing the typical swirly hands thing looking at nothing.

At one stage during calvin harris some guy shat himself:eek: it was nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

Wat a gig.. same feelings on the crowd.. lost my shoes in the 'mosh pit' up the front... deadmau5 may have found one thou :p:p Great set.. RAISE YOUR WEAPON was amazing... still preferred the Olympia gig thou..:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

gandhi123 wrote: »
    Wat a gig.. same feelings on the crowd.. lost my shoes in the 'mosh pit' up the front... deadmau5 may have found one thou :p:p Great set.. RAISE YOUR WEAPON was amazing... still preferred the Olympia gig thou..:o

Was it a nike runner??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Connie Bah

Probably the best night of my life. Managed to get right up the front, which I kind of regretted later because I couldn't see the mau5 head at all :( Steve Aoki was brilliant as usual, was delighted he played his Pursuit of Happiness remix. First time seeing Calvin Harris do a DJ set, and was pleasantly surprised at some of the songs he played. As for Deadmau5, words cannot do justice to the show that man puts on. The visuals are amazing and I don't know how he's going to top that. The only thing that is still pi**sing me off was the state of the crowd. It felt like I was at an underage disco with people swinging their tops around their heads, chanting 'woop there it is' and being surrounded by scumbags. I think every single time I looked back there was always a fight happening. Granted, I know there were people there to see Deadmau5 play but I just got the impression that the majority of the people there couldn't name three of his songs if you asked, and thought the gig was too good of an opportunity to get together a pop a few yokes. Rant over...

Jesus, as soon as i got on the dart and seen the amount of f**king kids roaring randomly at the top of there voices i knew what way the crowd was gonna be.

Bunch of drunk messy kids going to "The Rave" as they like to call it. Hadnt seen anyone i could think was over 18.

Was there with just one mate of mine. In the place 5 mins and some fat kid about 16/17 puts his head up to me, so i digged the cnut in the jaw, when him and about 5 mates legged it.

Calvin & Deadmau5 were so so, yeh he tried to get a bit of dubstep in cause its popular now, but went totally over the heads of 99% of the crowd.

When i got tickets yesterday i totally looked over the fact it wasnt over 18s. Really does ruin the night. Never goin to a gig that allows under 18s in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah was a really great show, loved his set and thought the dubstep track (Raise Your Weapon) went down really well. It was certainly full of scumbags and annoying kids, though there were plenty of grand people there too in fairness. Agreed it's a pity it wasn't over 18s.

I really can't believe how big he's gotten over the last year or so. I mean I saw him in the UCD student bar last year followed by a sold out o2 this year, fair play to him!
    Connie Bah wrote: »
    I think every single time I looked back there was always a fight happening. Granted, I know there were people there to see Deadmau5 play but I just got the impression that the majority of the people there couldn't name three of his songs if you asked, and thought the gig was too good of an opportunity to get together a pop a few yokes. Rant over...

If more people were on yokes last night there would have been less fights! ;)

Jello wrote: »

If more people were on yokes last night there would have been less fights! ;)

You know what I mean :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I got a dig off a young one out of nowhere! Didn't know what to do. I clenched my fist but then my morals kicked in and I just pushed her away. Crowd was full of scumbags. Amazing night tho. Mau5s set was amazing and Aoki was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Difference between Scumbags and Young People... I'm sure give or take the age limit, there would be scumbags, maybe not of the same magnitude but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

In fairness, the under 18 looking people weren't much of a problem. They were just a bit annoying. It was mostly the scummers around that made the crowd a bit ****, and they looked over 18.

Anyone been to one of his shows over seas? I wonder if it'd be the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I know people going to his show this weekend in London and theyre all well into their 20's although overall id say shows in the UK would be the same if they werent over 18's.

seen him in ibiza but cant compare that to here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Was a pretty good gig yeah, Strobe was epic! More scumbags at it though than at his oxegen 09 gig, but he wasnt as big then I suppose...

Thought Aoki was better at oxegen though! Whats with all the talk about the dubstep track in this thread? Are the irish crowd that new to dubstep??? It wasn't all that good anyway! Try a Doctor P or Benga gig for some top dubstep.... even pendulum's dj sets are about 50% dubstep now.

And about the way people were dancing.... if your watching and criticising peoples dancing, then your doing it wrong :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less about how people are dancing and dont see why others do...

Does anyone know where I could find good quality pictures from the gig?

Also if there is somewhere I could download deadmau5's entire live set?

Caliden wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I could find good quality pictures from the gig?

Also if there is somewhere I could download deadmau5's entire live set?

If you're on Facebook, Like his fanpage and the pics from the Dublin gig should be up later tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Was a pretty good gig yeah, Strobe was epic! More scumbags at it though than at his oxegen 09 gig, but he wasnt as big then I suppose...

Thought Aoki was better at oxegen though! Whats with all the talk about the dubstep track in this thread? Are the irish crowd that new to dubstep??? It wasn't all that good anyway! Try a Doctor P or Benga gig for some top dubstep.... even pendulum's dj sets are about 50% dubstep now.

And about the way people were dancing.... if your watching and criticising peoples dancing, then your doing it wrong :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less about how people are dancing and dont see why others do...[/
    QUOTE]

Completely agree, and I hope to god no one was watching my pathetic attempts at dancing!:o

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2 SFF!

Pics have been out for a few hours now,just not on facebook yet though.

Heres the link :

www.rukes.com/feed.xml

Then click on Dublin.

Few videos on YouTube too :
    www.youtube.com/deadmau5dublin

SFF! wrote: »
    Pics have been out for a few hours now,just not on facebook yet though.

Heres the link :

www.rukes.com/feed.xml

Then click on Dublin.

Few videos on YouTube too :
    www.youtube.com/deadmau5dublin

WoOoOoOoO I can see me in like 5! And I'm in the close up one at the end xD

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the place was run with scum bags !!! i was fcukin snappin i dont know how many times i was elbowed ,pushed etc , nevered had this much bother at any other gigs and iv been to a fair few gigs

mau5's set was unreal !!!!! and aoiki was great aswell , i hate calvin harris i think he's a twat but still an ok dj

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

why dont u like calvin???

just wanna agree with the lads above, it was fair funny to watch people not being able to move to dubstep but u ve gotta understand that not everyone listens to it and making fun of people because of the way they dance is the last thing u should be doing at a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Enjoyed the gig very much but felt my age - a whopping 25!

MediumWell wrote: »
    Enjoyed the gig very much but felt my age - a whopping 25!

The crowd looked fairly fresh as we were walking in too.
    Saw one lad hop off a bus with a cig in his mouth and he looked about 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Wow that was some night.

I found everyone there to be pretty sound, I was expecting a scumfest aswell !

Hope he comes back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Anyone know the name of the last tune/melody he played or was it just a sequence he put together on the spot?

Delighted he played that unreleased tune he was playing on his ustream aswell before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Anyone know the name of the last tune/melody he played or was it just a sequence he put together on the spot?

Trying to remember, was it Animal Rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Yeah I'm sure it was Animal Rights, one i was really looking forward to !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Jello wrote: »
    Trying to remember, was it Animal Rights?

It was this wasn't it?

Maybe Animal Rights was after this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i think having to dodge the shoe/glowstick caused him to play this longer than expected
    I had made my way to the front for the encore and was beside the little asshole who threw it.
    I quickly 'pointed out' that the 12k odd people wouldnt take too kindly if he walked off stage there & then

Advertisement