Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my place too small for a cat ...?

Options
  • 01-10-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I live is a small one bedroom studio ( studio with a Mezzanine as bedroom). I really want to adopt a kitten, but my fear is that the place is too small and the cat would be bored ...

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I wouldn't think thats too small at all once you make it interesting for a cat. Buy a big cat tree (http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/scratching_posts/ceiling_scratching_trees) and put various different cardboard boxes and look out points around the apartment. Once he has a nice comfy bed, plenty to play with and a human to train he will be happy. :D You could look at adopting 2 as they will keep each other company. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Zapperzy wrote: »
    and a human to train he will be happy. :D

Exactly, once the cat has domesticated their servant to a suitable standard, they are quite content. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

I had 2 cats in a 2 bedroom apt & i really wouldn't advise to get a cat in anything smaller. Cats love to explore & get a bit frustrated if they can't wander about a bit.

Maybe you could look at getting a kitten & teaching it to walk on a leash & then you could bring it outside for walks in the evenings? I've seen people do this - even though you might feel a bit odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

whats the area like out side the aparment are you high up or low down? close to a road off a road?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am actually in a granny flat at the back of a big house. I dont have a garden, but I do have a small 15-20 meters long alleyway between the main house and the a wall, the wall being about 7ft tall.

129531.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

so could you let the cat outside then? if so then it would be perfect when my cats in the house she likes to be in the smallest room/place possible usually the wardrobe..then she likes to go out to hav her roam! works a treat?
    even if its out the front or the little back cats are very clever and will not roam to far once there old enough and used to the home! about 6-10 months! hope this helps..oh unless the people in the main house will mind a cat roaming around..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I went to the DSPCA on saturday to visit the kittens. I didn't pick one as I am visiting my parents in France next week but I will as soon as I get back.

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement