Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot cage for dog?

Options
  • 01-10-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Anybody have something like this? Have a 3yo basset (who sheds like crazy), and a new(ish) Avensis estate. Looking to confine the dog to an area of the boot, so that I can still use the boot for luggage etc. Don't want to spend crazy money on it though. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

What about a plastic cover for your boot and/or back seat? The hair just shakes or brushes off. This is an example of what I mean --> http://s147127442.websitehome.co.uk/__oneclick_uploads/2009/06/boot-liner.jpg

Or you could crate your dog in the car, a Bassat would need a decent sized one though so I don't knwo how much room would be left for luggage!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

First I got one from Halfords. It was poor quality and broke after a few weeks.

I then got one from www.roofbox.co.uk and its great. Really sturdy & I would highly recommend it. This was the model

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jagerboy

Thanks for your help, but @ lorebringer yeah, I have one of those covers for the other car, but a crate would more suitable. @ DBCyc, kinda wanted something more like a crate that wont allow the dog full access to the whole boot. But I do want the crate/gahe to be as big & neat as possible!The search goes on....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Zooplus OP :)http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/carriers they sell them in Petmania too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I have a barjo system for my car. Crazy money brand new but I got mine second hand on ebay. www.barjo.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 jagerboy

Thanks tk123 & TooManyDogs, these are much closer to what I'm looking for. Never even thought of ebay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hey there's actually one in the rewards shop on zooplus - in case you use them and have been saving up your points! :D;) I was thinking of getting a crate for our guy after he found his way underneath the hammock and chewed up my lovely mats - the only part of the car that was in pristine condition lol!:mad::rolleyes: I ended up getting a better quality heavier hammock one because I have my laptop bag etc in the back for work and like to have the cargo cover pulled across. Have you thought of a vari kennel - our guy is a golden retriever and they have one in daycare that he sleeps in sometimes - there's loads of room in it for him and they take up less space than the cage type crates. If I was crating him the car it'll be in a vari kennel but he loves gawking out between the front seats so we'll stick to our system for the time being - pupster enters the boot via his ramp and I throw on his seat belt harness which is cliped into the back seat, he then ducks under the open cargo blind thing and into the back seat (it's a split seat so the single seat is down and the double is up), ramp goes in the boot and the blind is closed to hide all my bits and pieces.. ;) He LOVES going up and down the ramp :pac:

PS I am not affiliated with zooplus - i'm just addicted to buying stuff off them!:pac:

Advertisement