Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road shoe recommendations - < 150 Euro

• 01-10-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭

Anyone have these shoes - Sidi Genius 5 Pro

150 seems a decent price on the CycleSuperStore site, more expensive on Wiggle, ChainReaction etc

I want to get a decent pair of shoes, price is an issue though, so am tempted to just go for the Dhb carbon ones - seem like good value - carbon sole and delivered for less than 100 Euro

If anyone has any shoe recommendations under 150 Euro, let me know, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i bought these this week

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48242

gorgeous, and 44% off havent cycled in them yet but feel really nice on !

Sh*t they put them up to 144 euro from 108 at that price you might as well get the sidi's (glad i bought them when i did)

picture here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68265943&postcount=1261

and diadora - if they are good enough for cadel evans

got told off when i got home so they must be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

joker77 wrote: »
    Anyone have these shoes - Sidi Genius 5 Pro

150 seems a decent price on the CycleSuperStore site, more expensive on Wiggle, ChainReaction etc

I want to get a decent pair of shoes, price is an issue though, so am tempted to just go for the Dhb carbon ones - seem like good value - carbon sole and delivered for less than 100 Euro

If anyone has any shoe recommendations under 150 Euro, let me know, cheers

What size foot are you? I have the that exact pair of sidis in white. I've never worn them and they've just been sitting in my office (still in the box). They're a size 43. I'm not looking to sell them but if I got a decent enough offer, I could be swayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Vélo wrote: »
    What size foot are you? I have the that exact pair of sidis in white. I've never worn them and they've just been sitting in my office (still in the box). They're a size 43. I'm not looking to sell them but if I got a decent enough offer, I could be swayed.
    Coincidently I'm a 43, and I would have been looking at either the silver or white ones.

Why aren't you wearing them, and have to ask - if you're not then why wouldn't you be looking to sell them??
    They're 145 on the cyclesuperstore site, so the offer would be less than that, obviously. Whereabouts are you based?

i bought these this week

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48242

gorgeous, and 44% off havent cycled in them yet but feel really nice on !

Sh*t they put them up to 144 euro from 108 at that price you might as well get the sidi's (glad i bought them when i did)

picture here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68265943&postcount=1261

and diadora - if they are good enough for cadel evans

got told off when i got home so they must be good
    Nice - only the size 46 are available for 108

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Nice - only the size 46 are available for 108

they were all at that price last week, i hate when CRC do that you look at the front page for shoes it says 108 and then you find its only one size (maybe they made a mistake last week and reduced them all instead of one size)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Coincidently I'm a 43, and I would have been looking at either the silver or white ones.

Why aren't you wearing them, and have to ask - if you're not then why wouldn't you be looking to sell them??
    They're 145 on the cyclesuperstore site, so the offer would be less than that, obviously. Whereabouts are you based?

I work in Dorset Street and live in Meath. I only bought them because I put my other pair through the washing machine and part of the sole came away from the shoe. I was about to go on a cycle the next day and needed a replacement but managed to superglue my other pair back together, after I bought these. I meant to bring them back but never did. I know I could just keep them as a spare pair but I'm seriously thinking of changing to ordinary spd's as I have 4 bikes and would like all my shoes to fit all my bikes and I've spd's on the other bikes.

You can pm me with an offer if you're interested as the mods might want to move this to adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I have em, and find them very comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭greenrocket

new to cycling, i got shimano r86's a few months ago. they have been very good so far. about 2K in them and not a complaint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

If got the Shimano R086s too. remember to get one size (continental) bigger than your normal shoes.

Also, consider these:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_RC_Carbon_Road_Cycling_Shoes/5360041918/

Went to try on the Sidi shoes yesterday, 43 was too small, 44 a little too big.

Turns out I'm a 43.5, just to be fecking awkward, which they only make in the more expensive ones... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Went to try on the Sidi shoes yesterday, 43 was too small, 44 a little too big.

Turns out I'm a 43.5, just to be fecking awkward, which they only make in the more expensive ones... :mad:

Get the 44, you'll get used to it.

to be honest I think i'm closer to a 43 than a 44, but it's just that little bit too small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Remember your feet might swell up a bit as you cycle. Still, a bike shoe should be quite snug, a lot of people make the mistake of trying to size up and end up with all sorts of problems because their feet are free to move in the shoe. It's not a walking shoe and shouldn't be fit as such, but try and fit them after you have done a bit of exercise so you can see if your feet do get bigger:

EDIT: Is that video there? I'm running a flashless system at the moment.

Yea video is there, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Remember your feet might swell up a bit as you cycle. Still, a bike shoe should be quite snug, a lot of people make the mistake of trying to size up and end up with all sorts of problems because their feet are free to move in the shoe. It's not a walking shoe and shouldn't be fit as such, but try and fit them after you have done a bit of exercise so you can see if your feet do get bigger:

EDIT: Is that video there? I'm running a flashless system at the moment.

**** me that lads hard to listen to!

anyone own these bad boys? http://cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=24762

Very very bling, but my god they felt good on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

anyone own these bad boys? http://cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=24762

Very very bling, but my god they felt good on

Bought them, hated them, sold them. Too narrow for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Most of the sidis where on sale in the store for much less, a lot less than the web site price

Lumen wrote: »
    Bought them, hated them, sold them. Too narrow for me.
    Have read that said about Sidis - would all their regular fit be the same for you then? As in the problem wasn't with this model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

People keep saying SIDIs are too narrow, but when I got running shoes in amphibian king the guy said my feet were wider than average for my size. I was shocked as I always thought I had narrow feet and I've never found my SIDIs too narrow. They are a tad too big but they have been relegated to winter shoes so they can take bigger socks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I cant really compare my sidi shoes becasue i have the winter boots, but they feel about the same size as my northwave airlites, and both are wider than my last pair of shimano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    People keep saying SIDIs are too narrow, but when I got running shoes in amphibian king the guy said my feet were wider than average for my size.

He should know. Amphibians have very wide feet, and he is their king.

Advertisement