Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Wireless Access Points

Options
  • 01-10-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question about wireless access points before I buy one.

I have Eircom NGB, with a new Netgear DGN2000 router, upgraded from the Netopia one a few months ago and it's worked great. Getting about 8mbps in most of the house. The problem is, the house is quite big, and downstairs in the back of the house it's down to about 2mb, and it doesn't reach at all into one of the rooms. So I was wondering, if I got this Netgear Wireless Access Point, plugged it in and set it up halfway between the two areas, will it solve my problem?

I've heard the wired ones give better connection etc, but it's a bit too much hassle running a wire across the house. Will that Access Point do the job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gsm_42

hi
    yes would improved your signal in repeater mode. And if this still not enough and cable run is tu much hassle why don't you use a home plugs for link router with access point.
    The other think I would recommend is different antenna for your router.
    Cost less then access point and would give you same results.

Advertisement