Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Book Holiday for Christmas?

Options
  • 01-10-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine and her husband are looking to get away for a few days during Christmas to relax. Long story short, the husband was unwell earlier in the year and just wants to get to the sun for a few days.

They were thinking about the Canaries but the prices are EXTORTIONATE to say the least! So here is the question, any recommendations on where to go with a bit of sunshine and who to book with?

Tried Expedia and Lastminute.com but, crazy prices and Ryanair are booked out for Lanzarote.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Try this

But tbh if your looking for the sun at christmas the canaries or lanzarote is your only choice i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

What about egypt? could do either a break by the red sea (Sharm etc) or see the sights in Cairo, luxor. I was in Egypt last Christmas and the temp was low - mid 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Thanks guys, will run it by them tomorrow and see what happens. That website is a lot better than any other site we have looked at.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭weatherguy

Try emailing Philip Nolan, travel correspondent in Irish Mail. He also does a gig on RTE's Drivetime every Monday. Email drivetime@rte.ie.
    I'm sure he can advise.
    Or altervatively, try Eoghan Corry, editor, Travel Extra. He does a gig on the Pat Kenny radio programme, not sure which day. Could be a Friday.
    Email today@PK.ie
    Or read the Irish Times travel supplement every Saturday. It is called 'Go'.

Advertisement