Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creme de Marrons/Chestnut cream ??

Options
  • 01-10-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hiya everyone,

does anybody have any clue where to get a jar or can of Creme de Marrons in Ireland?
    I'm mad to make Delia's chestnut cupcakes and have no idea if you can get these here.
    I've looked everywhere online but the shipping is astronomical!

I need help! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I think Fallon & Byrne stock this brand of creme de marrons. There's a Hungarian shop beside the Cineworld cinema on Parnell St., they sell a 250g block of chestnut purée; it's not as smooth as the creme but you could blend it with some milk or cream. It's here as "Gesztenyepüré" under Frozen Products. Bonne Maman make a delicious chestnut jam, but I haven't seen it anywhere in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Try Tesco. It comes in a Brown and white tin. Normally in the baking section although it can vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 torifuentes

Thanks guys, your advice is much appreciated!! :-)

Advertisement