Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Wireless BB

• 01-10-2010 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

I just moved into a new house a few weeks ago and there was already UPC wireless BB in the house thanks to the landlord. He told me it was limitless so I went to town after having no internet in my old house.

Last night it suddenly for no reason stopped working. None of my laptops can pick it up but the router seems normal. One of the other housemates can't get it on their laptops either and we all could over the last few weeks.

Any ideas on what's wrong or what to do?

I've never had wireless before I'm kind of clueless on what to do now but don't really want to contact the landlord with problems so soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Have you tried connecting to the router with an ethernet cable? That might narrow down whether it's a broadband or a wireless problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I never even thought of that. I'll have a try when I get home and see. If it's just a wireless problems is there any way to fix that myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Reboot the modem .

rebeve wrote: »
    Reboot the modem .

How?

Sorry if I'm being really dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Plug it out, then plug it in.

It's not wireless broadband, just a wireless router. If the laptops have lost the signal to the router, then that's not necessarily a problem with the broadband, just the router.

It's NOT limitless either, so don't go to town on it, as you say. There are limits on UPC's service, depending on what you're paying for. If you have over used, UPC could have cut you off.

• Advertisement

Rebooted the router and it's working again. :) Wonder why it did that in the first place but say I'll take it easy with it for the next few days anyways.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Advertisement