Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenomics

Options
  • 01-10-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

I just read about this today in the Advertiser. It's a good idea, I think.

Hopefully it's successful enough to be an annual event.

http://kilkenomics.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Went to the first show, very informative, scary but very funny. If the rest are as good it should go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I really hope this does well. Kilkenny could do with something bright on the calendar for the winter months and this festival seems like a great idea.

Line up looks really good, I don't know how good their publicity has been but I really hope the event is a success.

The Savour Kilkenny Food Festival in October is a really good example of why Kilkenny shouldn't have to go dead outside tourist season and hopefully Kilkenomics will be another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Fluffybums wrote: »
    Went to the first show, very informative, scary but very funny. If the rest are as good it should go well.
    You have me interested now, what was it about. I'm going to a show/talk/gig/whatever tonight.

I think we're really fortunate to have such an event on our doorstep. I've read about similar events in Dublin over the last few years and would have loved to go to them. I lost interest in the Cat laughs when sneery cynicism was popular. It's great to have some thought provoking entertainment again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Making money from the recession! Great idea!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

what sort of attendance did these events get? surely people are fed up with hearing about all of this?

cheers

• Advertisement

I was at a show on Friday night in the upstairs ballroom and all seats were full, a good few hundred?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

I went to 5 shows and they were all pretty much full? I think there are a few people who want know what happened, why and is there anything we can do to change things. There are some angry, frustrated people out there who feel disenfranchised and helpless but feel that change is needed and maybe possible. In my opinion the festival appealed to those people.

Good for David McWilliams and Richard Cook for organising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Wondering why they picked Kilkenny though?

Just because of Richard Cook's past successes here or was it just for the catchy pun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

I went to only three shows one on Saterday two on Sunday

Very entertaining

For me it was opertunnity and chance to meet up with many of the Irish circuit who have alternitive economic models outside the box stuff eg not extreme right or left mantra stuff
    I met them and new people
    The shows for me were a tad to basic 101 stuff but were amusing as they often showed how stupid corrupt the regime in Ireland was when faced with international experts who could show where the warts were

For those that dont like too heavy ecoomic preaching stuff can take a bit of adult bad lingo when it gets down and dirty its definitly entertaining

However in the shows I saw they did tend to step gingerly around the elephant in the room problem that all economics is ultimatly controled by the Bilderberg and New World Order NWO cartels
    I think they do need to improve on that aspect.
    Some of the panels experts have done radio shows on the Internet all about the problem of the NWO and are up to speed on this issue so its not like they are in the dark on this subject .
    A Chance to expose the Irish to who really controlls the puppets in the regime was missed so hopefully next year they will branch out and include the exposing the NWO elephant .Then they can rename it comedy and and shock and horror show :pac:

Diarmaid

I went to only three shows one on Saterday two on Sunday

Very entertaining

Nice town freindly peoples .I ate few meals there reasonably priced compared to Dublin and nicely cooked .Good night life there .Probably well worth a vist even when there isnt a festival on

For me it was opertunity and chance to meet up with many of the Irish alternitve econmic circuit who have alternitive economic models eg outside the box stuff not extreme right or left mantra stuff
    I met them and new people
    The shows for me were a tad to basic 101 stuff but were amusing as they often showed how stupid corrupt the regime in Ireland was when faced with international experts who could show where the warts were

For those that dont like too heavy ecoomic preaching stuff can take a bit of adult bad lingo when it gets down and dirty its definitly entertaining

However in the shows I saw they did tend to step gingerly around the elephant in the room problem that all economics is ultimatly controled by the Bilderberg and New World Order NWO cartels
    I think they do need to improve on that aspect.
    Some of the panels experts have done radio shows on the Internet all about the problem of the NWO and are up to speed on this issue so its not like they are in the dark on this subject .
    A Chance to expose the Irish to who really controlls the puppets in the regime was missed so hopefully next year they will branch out and include the exposing the NWO elephant .Then they can rename it comedy shock and horror show :pac:

Fair due to the show people when the Alternive economic model people like wearechange.ie and did get the microphone in questions and awnsers and did expose some of these facts they were not totally blocked from doing so .
    The Shell to sea guy was priceless telling them how good their books on economy were going to be in his lavatory collection
    Me thinks they were corraled on the stage to tow a certian party line
    Pity

Diarmaid

• Advertisement

Diarmaid, we agreed at the last NWO meeting that we weren't to use our real names when conversing with the plebeians. Really, we'll just have rethink your request to rule western Europe, perhaps New Guinea would be a more suitable project.

catbear wrote: »
    Diarmaid, we agreed at the last NWO meeting that we weren't to use our real names when conversing with the plebeians. Really, we'll just have rethink your request to rule western Europe, perhaps New Guinea would be a more suitable project.

AAAHHH not New Guinea again that so cras ,how about Borneo they got interesting jungles forests and amuzing Oranatangs :p

Diarmaid

Grand, we'll bring it up at the meeting so. You're turn to bring the caviar. Did you get the circular, we're dumping gold on Friday at 3.30pm EST! Nothing like a dose of panic to stir the market.

Advertisement